OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
We are looking for a dedicated, professional legal person with sound commercial acumen and experience to come and be a part of the OpenText legal team in Reading, UK, to enable OpenText's continued expansion and diversification. We need someone who can work as part of a great legal team to provide a distinct perspective on legal and commercial issues faced by the business and provide legally sound solutions.
Reporting to the legal team lead for Northern Europe this is a diverse role which will include: drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements - in particular cloud, license and professional service contracts across a wide range of software offerings; handling general corporate matters; resolving commercial disputes; keeping on top of changing laws, regulations and market practice and dealing with data protection considerations.
Required Skills / Experience
* You will have a strong academic record and have gained experience from working for at least 5 years in a law firm and/or in-house within a corporate environment.
* You will have previous post-qualification experience of conducting a wide range of contract negotiations, ideally within the IT sector and have experience in supporting revenue generating transactions.
* You will be enthusiastic, hard-working, enjoy working in a team environment, able to manage your own case load and be confident working at a senior level with lawyers and other professional colleagues.
* Building positive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders within the business and putting yourself in the shoes of those you are advising, to understand the complexities of a multi-faceted professional services business, are important parts of the role.
* The ability to communicate clearly, solve problems and provide commercially focussed advice in a time pressured environment is essential.
* Qualified in England & Wales or another European country, the successful candidate will need to have between 5 and 9 years' post qualification experience (PQE).
* Dutch language skills would be an advantage.
What we can offer
We can offer you a vibrant global environment in which your skills and career will flourish. As the world's leading provider of EIM solutions we already have a solid and traceable success story. Looking to our future success development we are searching for more top talent - people like you who share our vision and want to work as part of a team to deliver innovative excellence.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act