Vysiion, an Exponential-e Group company, is a growing organisation specialising in providing IT Managed Services and Consultancy to the UK Public Sector including local and central government agencies, blue light, healthcare and defence. We offer a wide range of solutions for our customers but our core product offering is Communications, IT, Cloud & Enterprise solutions.Your new role
We are recruiting for the role of an Infrastructure Engineer to join our 1st Line team at Ark Data Centre Corsham. Your key focus will be providing first level customer support to our large and diverse client base ensuring Service Levels are maintained and the ticketing system is fully up to date.
We will offer you access to a wide variety of training and qualification resources and clear career progression routes. Within this role you will gain exposure to a wide variety of technologies and have the opportunity to really enhance your technical expertise.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
Knowledge and experience required:
- Respond to requests for technical assistance
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues in a timely, concise and informative manner
- Hardware fault analysis and repair
- Completion of service tickets in a timely, concise and informative manner
- Attend customer sites and provide IT support as directed by the customer
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience in a Helpdesk, Service Desk or similar role
- Experience providing desktop/infrastructure technical support
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a professional phone manner
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and current Windows Server operating systems (2008/2012/2016)
- Experience dealing with Active Directory
- Experience in supporting Office 365 or other cloud-based solutions
- Experience with PBX systems such as 3cx
- Experience in Backup solutions, such as Veeam
- Experience of working within an ITIL framework, ideally with an ITIL Foundation certificate
- Industry Standard qualifications (e.g. Microsoft MCSA, Cisco CCNA, Juniper JCNIA)
Vysiion deliver bespoke solutions to private and public sector organisations, from the installation of fibre optic or microwave links for offshore windfarms, to the delivery of turnkey communications systems, the provision of end to end ICT Managed Services, secure hosting solutions for schools, charities, Government departments and the emergency services, as well as security solutions across the SCADA networks.
As a result, the Vysiion team has the knowledge, experience, and capability to provide a full technology consultancy and delivery solution, with an emphasis on security. All solutions are developed by a team with a proven track record and thorough understanding of cloud computing, Enterprise IT, OT network services, communications and infrastructure delivery, data centre, colocation and ICT Managed Services.
Vysiion is an Exponential-e group company. Exponential-e's extensive services portfolio will underpin Vysiion's delivery of complex deployments across cloud, network services, security, voice and ongoing managed services.What you need to do now
Click "apply now" and you will end up on our Exponential-e Group careers page, where you can see the full job description and will be able to send a copy of your CV to our recruitment team.
We are a company that hire for attitude, ambition and train for skills. So even if you don't tick all of the boxes but want to be part of Vysiion then please still apply.
We will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss this opportunity, or other relevant positions we may have.Location
: Spring Park, Corsham, Wiltshire (SN13 9GB)Salary
: £20,000-£22,000 dependant on experience + on callHours
: Mon - Fri, 08:00-16:30, 08:30-17:00, 09:30-18:00Driving Licence:
Full licence and access to vehicle requiredSecurity Clearance:
no clearance required but we are ideally seeking a candidate willing to go through the security clearance process at Vysiion's expense in the future.