We have an exciting opportunity for a Resident Medical Officer to join our team at Cygnet.
You will play a crucial role within our services providing on call cover for Cygnet Nield House. Cygnet Nield House is our brand new 30 bed mental health hospital for women split into two distinct wards.
Clarion Ward is a 15 bed complex personality disorder service for women with a dual diagnosis of personality disorder and co-morbid disordered eating.
Compton Ward is a 15 bed acute service for women. The service will provide a safe and stabilising environment for women who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission.
The RMO is the doctor onsite at all times, covering on call between 5pm and 9am and weekend shifts. Generally you will work 5 days on and 2 days off per week.
All sites have accommodation and meals provided.The duties that RMOs are expected to carry out are as follows:
You will have...
- NG tubing
- Patient admissions
- Patient assessments
- Risk assessments
- Mental Health Assessments
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
- Full GMC registration and an MBBS (or equivalent) medical qualification
- Experience in Psychiatry is essential
- The ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgment / experience in making clinical decision and managing risk and knows when to seek help
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills along with the ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Salary up to £60,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Medical indemnity cover
- CPD support and study leave
- Active participation in clinical governance
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Free meals
- Learning and development opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals with mental health needs and learning disabilities within the UK. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Are you seeking a new and rewarding challenge where you can make a positive change?
Click the link to apply.