Our client based in Plymouth are seeking a Field Service Engineer to provide support to customers, ensuring the stable operation of our hardware & software products.
The Field Service Engineer will be providing support on Fire Control Systems & specialised Electro-Optical Systems.
The successful Field Service Engineer will have the following key responsibilities:
- Provide commissioning, service, repairs and after-sales support to company products and systems both in house and on customer site
- Fault-find and troubleshoot systems, often on-board ships, to establish fault and repair as required
- Assist with associated technical documentation related to work carried out
- Support the Sales team in demos and trials for customers as necessary
- Provide technical support and advice to internal and external customers
- Preparation of risk assessments and SSOW's for installation / commissioning activities
The Field Service Engineer must have the following:
- Previous experience within a similar position is essential, with hands-on electro-mechanical skills.
- Exposure with the Navy or Military is required.
- Knowledge of ethernet protocols - RS242 / serial links etc with the ability to perform fault diagnosis.
- Basic skills in mechanical, electrical and electronics.
- Experience of writing comprehensive visit and fault reports
- Must be willing to travel worldwide within short notice period, working extended hours when necessary
- Strong Customer relation/interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technically at all levels
You will have a competitive salary, plus excellent benefits including 26 days annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays), Contributory Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Scheme and Life Cover.