Leading Plymouth based precision engineering company with world wide presence is seeking to employ an experienced manufacturing engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and professional business with an excellent reputation.Overview
Determine and develop the production and/or Quality Control methods used in designated areas or activities (such as TPM, 5-S, Set-up reduction) at the Plymouth Plant, establish proper procedures and routing instructions and provide day to day engineering support to Production/QA Departments, so as to improve the quality and profitability of the Company's operation.
Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent with some experience in a related field. Direct experience, with relevant skills, may be acceptable in the absence of academic qualifications.Principle Accountabilities
Ideal attributes include:
- Recommend process and plant development (including new methods and equipment and capital expenditure) within designated areas to improve product cost and quality.
- Carry out run off and in plant capability assessment of new and rebuilt plant within designated areas of responsibility.
- Participate in the preparation of routings for parts and/or assemblies to comply with data sheet and other specification requirements.
- Establish and maintain cycle times for all relevant operations on new and existing routings.
- Ensure, through liaison with the Planning Engineer, that existing routings are properly maintained to reflect developments in plant and methods.
- Design, (working as needed with draughts person), any tooling, gauges / fixtures etc... needed for new routings or demanded by developments to existing routings.
- Issue and maintain Working Practices, Process sheets and Production Standard Practice Instructions to cover all aspects of production and/or QA within designated areas.
- Provide floor-engineering support to designated areas of Plymouth production and assembly operations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Cell Leaders and production / assembly staff, to allow effective team and group working in problem solving and process development.
- Produce reports and recommendations, and liaise with other departments at Plymouth, and, as part of the Manufacturing Engineering team, with Group colleagues.
- Take part in TPM, 5-S, and related business improvement activities and workshops, as a workshop leader or key member.
If you are an experienced Manufacturing Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the 'apply' button below.
- Process development/improvement (plan/modify/design/set-up/optimise)
- Problem solving
- Cost reduction
- Engineering experience
- Self motivated
- Work on own initiative
- Proactive, hands-on approach
- Team player
- Creation and development of engineering systems and procedures
- Forward thinking
- Produce high quality of work, efficiently with a cost effective approach
- Conscious of environmental issues/concerns and work within current guidelines
- Interest in career development/progression
- Lean knowledge/experience/understanding
- Six Sigma desirable not essential