Trigon Recruitment are recruiting exclusively for this exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, diverse and well established training provider who have offices throughout the South of England. This role will be a mixture of face to face and remote delivery - a blended learning approach. Working with predominantly young people 16 - 18 years old on a Study Programme based in Claton on Sea. The programme is 6 months in duration and you will therefore have a caseload of learners all joining at different times working towards different levels so caseload management experience is a real positive for this role. Delivering Maths and English from entry level to level 2 the right candidate will be an experienced Tutor with a minimum PTTLS qualification.
Below is the full job description. To apply please send your CV or for a confidential chat and to learn more about the role please call Craig Doyle at Trigon Recruitment on (phone number removed).
Purpose of Job
You will be responsible for planning and teaching the Functional Skills curriculum, as well as differentiation, and will be required to ensure work is marked, records are kept, and assessment is on-going, ensuring all learners are ready for exams.
Working with individuals who may present challenges, your delivery will be creative and engaging to ensure individuals achieve their aims in all subjects. You will be supported by a Quality Assurance Team who is responsible for leading the team to drive up quality, reaching and exceeding KPI's and promoting an ethos of continuous improvement.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
* Create effective schemes of works that clearly supports the learning process of individuals
* Prepare and develop innovative lesson plans, designing and delivering group activities
* Deliver training to individuals and groups following the programme curriculum, setting objectives and targets for achievement
* Provide one to one support to learners where necessary
* Hold a manageable caseload of learners
* Diagnose learner's literacy, numeracy and ICT needs and requirements by using various diagnostic testing and mock tests
* Liaise with relevant team members to ensure learners achieve their targets and progress into appropriate outcomes
* Provide appropriate encouragement, guidance and support to learners to help them progress
* Manage any behaviour issues that arise
* Prepare and submit up to date assessments of learners, across all relevant activities
* Monitor and maintain appropriate paperwork and records of progress and to report all cases of learner sickness and absence
* Complete review paperwork and record learners' progress
* Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with other external organisations involved with the service and learners
* Actively participate in continuous improvement and self-assessments and the implementation of subsequent action plans
* Provide learners with all relevant policies and regulations to clarify what is expected of them and to ensure their safety
* Meet agreed contract targets to ensure that revenue is secured
* Complete all required documentation accurately and within agreed timescales to ensure that contract requirements are met and funding is maximised
* On going management and administration tasks relating to TCHC's CRM and ePortfolio systems, including but not limited to session planning, logging results and providing feedback to learners
* Work alongside the Quality Assurance team to ensure that delivery meets the high expectations of TCHC
* Any safeguarding issues are raised accordingly in line with TCHC's Safeguarding Policy
* Any complaints are raised accordingly in line with TCHC's Complaints Policy
* Take a proactive approach to ensure Prevent and Safeguarding is embedded well into the delivery teams and in posters on classrooms before any engagement happens with learners, and through the programme of delivery
* Prepare for and attend monthly caseload review meetings with your line manager
* Prepare for and attend standardisation meetings as instructed by Quality Assurance
* Act as an ambassador for TCHC Ltd at all times, providing key information to all parties involved within the learner journey
* Actively ensure own CPD is kept up to date as per the requirements for Functional Skills
* In addition, the post holder may be asked to carry out other reasonable duties, appropriate to their experience, qualifications and level.
Note: These duties are a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. Amendments may be made from time to time as the role evolves and to meet changing circumstances and these do not form part of the contract of employment.
Skills & Attributes
Qualified to PTLLS/ CTLLS (or equivalent)
GCSE (or equivalent) in English and maths at grade C or above
Knowledge / Technical Skills
Demonstratable knowledge on the Core Curriculum for FS English and maths across all levels
Detailed knowledge on the new FS Reforms being implemented in 2019
Robust lesson planning using a wide variety of resources and assessment methods to match learning styles
Knowledge on barriers to education and how to address issues within personal and social development
Knowledge on using and analysing data from IA and Diagnostic tools such as Dynamic Learning, Forskills, BKSB
Knowledge on using e-Portfolio system such as OneFile, e-Track, smart assessor
In depth understanding of and commitment to safeguarding and prevent
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint - intermediate competency required.
Time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
Ability to communicate and present to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
Ability to work alone and as part of a team with interpersonal skills
Ability to establish and maintain effective administrative processes
Demonstratable experience of delivering high quality Functional Skills English and maths across all levels
Experience in develiering to a wide range of client groups incl. young people, their families and communities, those who are from a variety of ethnic groups and cultures or who may be vulnerable or disadvantaged in some way, NEET, Apprentices, young people on Study Programmes and adults on Adult Learning Programmes
Some experience of Ofsted inspections, having been involved in the inspection process and being able to demonstrate Good and Outstanding teaching practice.
Experience of working to tight deadlines and targets
An empathetic, non-judgmental and ethical approach.
Excellent communication skills - pleasant and professional manner - well-spoken - clear, intelligible; good standard of written communication - grammar and spelling.
Discretion & Confidentiality - ability to demonstrate and exercise discretion and confidentiality in terms of all data and data subjects; high level of sensitivity to and awareness of parameters of role, as well team and wider relationships.
Team-player - ability to work effectively within the designated team and wider head office support teams, as well as independently; keeping others informed duly taking into account any pertaining discretion / sensitivity / confidentiality.
Organisation & Motivation - able to work in a structured manner, prioritising tasks and coping with peaks and troughs calmly and responsibly, and to target/timelines.
Flexible, adaptable and resourceful - ability to respond according to tasks and situations appropriately as they arise.
Commitment & Time-Keeping - able to demonstrate full attendance and punctuality within the designated hours of the role.
Personal Appearance - Smart and presentable at all times