As a key member of the client leadership team you will lead the Quality and Curriculum function, ensuring that the client maintain high quality delivery as defined by the OFSTED Education Inspection Framework (EIF) and other key quality standards. The role of the Head of Quality and Curriculum is essential in actively promoting quality improvement as a business imperative throughout the whole organisation and ensuring compliance with relevant quality and legislative standards. The role will also lead on the development of a technical training curriculum, aligned with the local and national industrial strategies priorities, supporting the effective implementation of the curriculum through operational delivery. A key function of the Quality and Curriculum role is to act as Safeguarding Officer and ensure that all learners have the opportunity to succeed, irrespective of their starting point, by leading and managing the provision of Functional Skills and additional learning support.
- Lead and manage the Quality and Curriculum teams day to day - providing inspirational, values-based leadership to the team, enhancing employee engagement, encouraging and supporting employee development and maximising their potential and contribution
- Lead the development of the client and technical training curriculum for funded learning, in line with the Cumbrian and national local industrial strategy priorities
- Lead, manage and monitor the production and implementation of the Self-Assessment Report (SAR) and Quality Improvement Plan (QIP)
- Lead and manage the Functional Skills and Additional Learning Support function ensuring equality of opportunity for all learners
- Act as the Designated Safeguarding Officer and lead for Equality and Diversity and GDPR
- Proactively contribute, as part of the client senior management team, to delivering the Technical Training strategy at the client.
- Proactively contribute to the success of the business by delivering agreed performance objectives and producing management reports as required
- Lead the development of the quality and curriculum function to inform strategic decision making
- Lead Staff Training and CPD, promoting a continuous learning culture and ensuring that support is provided across the client and Technical Training where required
- Ensure that the client is fully aware of national policy changes related to safeguarding, GDPR, equality and diversity and OFSTED
- Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures relevant to the area of control in order to meet statutory regulations and applying best practice for the training
and education sector
- Develop strong client relationships with customers where appropriate
- Promote and direct the implementation of Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding and learner welfare policies in all aspects of the company's work
- Ad hoc duties as commensurate with the level of the post requested by the General Manager
Our Client is a first rate educational body with an end goal of educating, developing and inspiring the next generation of workers to the highest standard in order for them to enter the local working market. Our client operates in over 7 locations within Cumbria and has contributed monumentally to the local supply chain with 97% of apprentices going directly in to full time employment.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Extensive and demonstrable experience of managing within the Further
- Education/Work Based Learning or Adult Education sector
- Extensive and demonstrable knowledge of the implementation and impact of quality requirements associated with the OFSTED EIF/CIF
- Experience of managing/leading through OFSTED Inspection
- Experience of curriculum planning and supporting operational implementation
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to utilise quantitative and qualitative information to arrive at informed judgements and areas for improvement
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate a strengths based approach to quality improvement
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of managing and/or implementing Safeguarding, Prevent, Equality and Diversity and GDPR legislation
- Teaching and/or Assessor qualifications and experience.
- Experience of leading teams, with an understanding of the motivational drivers involved
- A strong understanding of the requirements of ESFA and ES
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable about international standards such as BS 7799 Information Security management System Standards, ISO 14001 Environmental Standards and ISO 9000 Quality Management Standards.
- Experience of leading/managing functional skills and additional learning support functions
- Understanding of Industrial Strategy and its impact on our business
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.