: Our actuarial department are looking to bring on board an experienced candidate to join our busy Eastleigh office. Initially working from home, with flexible working options when it is safe and appropriate to return to the office. The role would suit an almost-qualified or recently qualified Actuary, although other candidates with suitable experience will be considered.
Our actuarial department is responsible for pricing, reserving, capital modelling and forecasting our business lines and the Actuarial Manager will be playing a leading role within the Commercial lines team. This is a mixed pricing and reserving role, working regularly with colleagues in finance, claims, risk and underwriting. The Actuarial manager will support the Head of the team and the Chief Actuary in all aspects of the team's work across multiple areas, therefore experience managing and mentoring others to ensure the team develops and delivers consistently high-quality output is crucial. A proven track record of preparing and presenting a wide range of actuarial analysis to other stakeholders is also highly desirable.
The Actuarial Manager would suit someone coming from a consultancy background who wants to make a move into industry or for someone who has some relevant experience and wants to broaden their role and take the next step in their career. The role offers a high degree of autonomy and the Actuarial Manager must be a confident self-starter with the ability to prioritise work, be a confident decision maker and have a flair for manipulating and interpreting data to help deliver high impact, intelligent solutions.The main responsibilities of the Actuarial Manager:
The successful Actuary Manager will have the following:
- Oversee elements of the quarterly and monthly reserve review exercises, prepare high quality reports explaining the results as well as additional claims related analyses.
- Support in the development and maintenance of effective statistical models and MI in relation to the company's underwriting performance and pricing strength.
- Review work prepared by other team members and prepare clear and effective communications to present the results.
- Line management responsibilities for up to two team members initially, providing regular and effective feedback and supporting all aspects of their development.
- Conduct and oversee regular and ad hoc pricing analyses to support UW teams, communicating results and their implications
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Actuary Manager role based in Eastleigh:
- Strong general insurance knowledge & experience with a sound understanding of reserving and pricing analysis and principles and experience of a wide range of technical issues, ideally 5 years actuarial experience.
- Experience managing and mentoring others with the ability to lead by example, maintain a visible leadership presence.
- Experience of managing and addressing performance consistently and ability to delegate effectively ensuring appropriate participation and support.
- Strong communication skills, experience of preparing and presenting technical reports for non-actuarial stakeholders.
- Good project management skills. Good risk evaluation skills. Proactive and innovative.
- A competitive pension for which Ageas will pay twice the amount.
- Generous amount of holidays with the option to buy up to 10 additional days.
- Annual Salary review.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
- Return to work programme scheme.
- Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz.com).
- Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.