North West Projects is a national Engineering design company with a Nuclear sector focus. Being part of Vinci ENERGIES with a turnover of €48 billion, has allowed NWP to grow in an exciting but secure manner. They are currently recruiting a Project Manager to focus on delivering projects from start to finish within the Nuclear sector. The role will be based from Chorley however national travel will be required. The ideal candidate will have experience of Project delivery in the Nuclear industry.
Commutable from: Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdalei
Salary: Up to £ 70,000 p.a. + Pension + 25 days holiday + Travel Expenses
Suitable for: Project Manager, Project Engineer, Project Leader
The Project Manager is responsible and accountable for project delivery including safety, quality and financial performance. They will report into the Head of Project Management and be primarily based in the NWP Chorley office. However, there may be longer periods of time required to be spent at other locations along with visits to other NWP offices on an ad-hoc basis.
The Project Manager will manage projects such that the customer's requirements are delivered whilst meeting NWP's performance criteria and financial targets. This will include:
* Ensuring the project is delivered in a safe manner
* Meeting time, cost and quality requirements
* Managing complex and / or several projects at any one time
* Determining the best means of satisfying requirements within the context of project objectives and constraints i.e. developing solutions
* Preparing and maintaining schedules of activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements
* Identifying and monitoring project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects
* Developing, maintaining and applying quality management processes for project activities and outputs
* Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, that align with organisational procedures & practice
* Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and interests.
* Empowering and inspiring others to deliver successful projects
* Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, that align with organisational practice
* Ideally the candidate will de degree qualified or several years of project management experience and a demonstrable track record of controlled delivery of key projects and / or a portfolio of projects in the nuclear industry, or in similar highly regulated industries
* Has working experience across the full project lifecycle from project definition to closeout
* Has extensive working experience of delivering projects through the design phase of the project lifecycle
* Has working experience of bids and the bidding process.
* Can work in a busy time constrained engineering office environment.
* Has experience of delivering projects and programmes using NEC3 forms of contract would be advantageous
To apply to this role, please send an updated CV to James Sloane, for more information please call James - (phone number removed)