Established in 1880, Provident Financial Group (PFG) is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 Company employing over 3,000 staff throughout the UK and Ireland.
Provident delivers non-standard lending through our businesses - Vanquis Bank, Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Moneybarn and Cheque Exchange.About the Role:
We are looking for someone to join us as a Customer Representative who will be the front face of our organisation, playing a key role in providing a fantastic service to customers remotely and in their homes to assess customers creditworthiness for issuing personal credit and collecting repayments.
You will be responsible for delivering fair customer outcomes to new and existing customers using a variety of contact methods to assess creditworthiness for issuing credit, collect repayments both remotely using company devices and occasional face to face visits as instructed by the customer and as directed by the Company on the days / times convenient to the customer.
Please note that this role will predominately be home based working, with some requirements to visit customers as and when neededKey Responsibilities include:
The Skills and Experience you will have:
- Ensure customers are contacted in line with expectation of both the customer and the business and interactions are recorded in line with expectations.
- Responsible for assessing the customer's creditworthiness, including assessing affordability, sustainability and suitability, using company applications.
- Always doing what's best for our customers whether that's referring any financial difficulties customers may have to Line Managers, identifying any risks or any potential fraud.
- Representing the Company, embodying our vision of "Lending a Helping Hand When Others Don't" - whilst ensuring it is the right and fair outcome for customers
- Responsible for contributing to growing your Area in line with company procedures and promoting our 'Recommend a Friend Scheme' to any new and existing customers.
- Complete the required standard administrative procedures to ensure all monies are banked, balanced and accounted for using the company applications.
- Provide 'holiday cover' for colleagues when they are on annual leave and conducting effective handovers to ensure service levels & performance are maintained to the required standard.
Additional Essential Requirements:
- Interpersonal skills in particular Communication and Customer Service.
- Sound IT skills and familiarity with IOS mobile devices.
- Ability to work remotely on a mobile basis.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of customers and the business. (hours and location).
- Literacy and Numeracy Skills.
- Natural ability to understand and empathise with customers who may be experiencing financial difficulties.
- Ability to comply with standard processes, procedures and operate compliantly in a regulated environment.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role is desirable, but not essential
- Experience working for a regulated financial services firm is desirable, but not essential
- Experience of working remotely and being self-autonomous is desirable, but not essential
Why choose a career with us?
- Employee must be 18 years of age or over.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Have your own car and ability to drive/travel as determined by the Company.
Here at Provident, we like to let our employees know that we appreciate their hard work by offering competitive salaries and a range of reward schemes as well as regular performance management reviews and appraisals so that you can monitor your career progress. On top of that, here are some additional benefits:
Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity
- Full training provided
- Fixed annual salary of 21k FTE (pro rata if part time) plus uncapped variable bonus opportunity made up of individual and team elements
- 25 days annual holiday rising to 28 days with length of service
- Pension scheme with Company contributions
- Life assurance
- Mileage expenses contribution
- Healthcare cash plan option
- Colleague 'Perks at Work' recognition scheme
- Coaching & support
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard (NES). The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.