Are you a teacher or tutor living in South Yorkshire and looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with SEN/D? Do you want a job where you will experience genuine job satisfaction?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven SEN/D practitioner to support young people to thrive both inside and outside of the classroom.
Our client is a Post 16 Training Provider that works with 16-24 year old's with SEN/D; their approach is very much person centered and based around meeting the needs of the learners. Students are taught either one-to-one or in small groups (never more than 10 students, though typically around 5), so being able to build relationships is at the heart of what they do. Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of Maths Functional Skills lessons in line with the NCFE curriculum
- To deliver and implement teaching and learning practices to raise student standards and progress
- Delivering high quality lessons that include differentiation and extension tasks
- Working with students from Pre-Entry to Level 2 and GCSE if required in future
- Plan effectively to ensure pupils have the opportunity to meet their potential, taking account of the needs of pupils who are underachieving, very able, or not yet fluent in English and to meet the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs
- Responsible for comprehensive marking and written and verbal feedback for students
- To develop high quality teaching materials and schemes of learning that keep students engaged
- Working in conjunction with the Outstanding and Good criteria for OFSTED
- To organise the workshop and classroom, its resources, student groupings and displays in order to provide a stimulating learning environment
- To manage support staff effectively, involving them where appropriate with the planning and management of pupil's learning
- To participate in weekly group engagement activities such as bowling, horse riding, climbing, graffiti workshops etc to ensure you build a strong rapport with all students.
- To carry out student pick ups/drop offs to and from home using own car that is covered by your own business insurance (you will be given a mileage allowance)
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV TO CATHERINE AT LYNX EDUCATION/LYNX EMPLOYMENT SERVICES ASAP.
Lynx Education is part of the Lynx Group of Companies. We are UK trained teachers and education professionals believing that we can make a positive difference in schools, recruiting excellent candidates.