A market-leading Engineering SME in growth is seeking a Financial Controller to enhance its finance function in Nottingham. This is a critical management appointment of a business partner to support the Management Team.
Reporting to a forward-thinking Managing Director, you will have the responsibility for:
• Managing the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Fixed Asset Ledgers, and General Ledger
• Evaluate, develop and enact accounting policies.
• Challenge existing processes and streamline/develop new ones to promote efficiencies and provide additional value-add for the business.
• Preparation of the annual budgets and 3-year plan.
• Preparation of Accounts, VAT and Corporation Tax returns and other statutory returns.
• Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
• Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
• Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
• Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with regulations and legislation.
• Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
• Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
• Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
• Presenting reports to the senior team, stakeholders, and board members.
Working with the Management Team to support good decision making. This is a high profile and essential role within the business, the business is seeking an experienced financial professional who is technically excellent but also has strong commercial awareness and strives for continuous improvement.
The individual will be pro-active, willing to challenge the status quo and be highly driven in achieving critical objectives. This position will be a member of the company Senior Leadership Team having the opportunity to support driving the business forward.
Please only apply if you have an Engineering, Manufacturing, Aerospace or Construction sector experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £40,000.00 per year