As we continue to build our business and deliver for our clients, RPS is now seeking an experienced Senior Engineering Technician to join our progressive Design business.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Technician to join the busy and vibrant team in our Newark office with agile working, producing design models/drawings/design analysis in accordance with project requirements. Working across various projects, this is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious employee to work on high-profile projects and help us solve problems that matter.
RPS is a leading global professional services firm with over 5000 consultants and service providers. Working in 125 countries across all six continents. We are proud of the quality tailored solutions we provide to our clients which generate high volumes of repeat business and we are confident we can provide unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
As well as being an excellent communicator, the successful candidate will have experience of design associated with commercial and industrial development projects and Advanced capability in the use of Autocad, 3D Civils and Microdrainage design software.Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
Education, Experience and Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- Working closely with Line Manager to assist in the technical delivery of projects
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with external project team members as appropriate.
- Attending project / client meetings and assisting with site inspections and surveys as required.
- Using own initiative and demonstrating independent working ability when required.
- Conducting activities and producing outputs in line with relevant legislation and industry standards.
- Completing designs, applying sound technical knowledge relevant to the role.
- Assist in managing drawings production, and checking CAD/ Revit design work completed by junior colleagues.
- Assist in reviewing of consultants' and contractors' design proposals relevant to role.
- Mentoring junior staff, providing advice and guidance to share technical expertise as appropriate.
- Carrying out work activities which support the Integrated Management System.
- Participating fully within the team, adopting RPS behaviours and good working practices.
- Working in a safe manner at all times and reporting all health & safety incidents and concerns, including near misses, accidents, and injuries.
- Managing own continuous professional development and continually improving discipline knowledge and awareness.
- Additional duties as required.
- Minimum NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent) in area / discipline of work
- Minimum 4 years experience in the design associated with commercial and industrial development projects
- Advanced capability in the use of 3D Civils and Microdrainage design software
- Advanced capability in the use of Autocad
- Good computer skills in using Microsoft Office software
- Line management and team working capability
- Project Management knowledge
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organisational skills to manage own deadlines and competing priorities
- Team-working skills
- Licenced to drive and willingness to travel as required
What we offer you:
- Ability to use Revit modelling software
- Reinforced concrete detailing ability
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: Excellent holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.About RPS
We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
With expertise across a broad range of project types and scales, we guide projects as they move from initiation and scoping, to design and delivery. Our team offers integrated planning, design, technical and project management services to support developers to invest with confidence, streamline approvals and deliver projects that respect and enhance local communities.Our Approach:
Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behaviours define who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work. 'Stronger Together' is one of our five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace: 'We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.'Recruitment Agencies
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90832240