Elevation Recruitment Group are currently looking to recruit an Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Manager for a successful and continually growing business in Sheffield. You will be responsible for leading a team of 8 (3 Accounts Receivable Clerks and 5 Accounts Payable Clerks), ensuring effective management of the day-to-day operations, month end reporting, as well as ongoing continuous improvement of processes.
This is a varied and autonomous role reporting straight to the Group Financial Controller. Duties will include:-
- Managing a team of 5 Accounts Payable Clerks (3 perm and 2 temps) and 3 Accounts receivable, assisted with the help of an AR Supervisor
- Developing and mentoring staff through regular appraisals and 121s
- Assisting in the recruiting and on-boarding of any new staff coming into the team
- Development of processes and procedures to ensure efficiencies are maximised and improve departmental performance
- Team performance monitoring and setting targets and objectives
- Compile KPI's and use these to drive functional excellence
- Maintaining, developing and enhancing strong relationships with suppliers
- Working closely with purchase to pay and procurement departments
- Ensuring suppliers are paid in a timely and efficient manner
- Dealing with any escalations or issues that may arise within the department
- Monitoring aged debtors and creditor lists and reporting any discrepancies/ variances to Group Financial Controller
- Maintain and review customer credit limits
- Reconciliations and corrective action on AP and AR related balance sheet accounts
- Ensure compliance with internal controls policy via quarterly self-tests and enforcing standards with the business
- Maximise cash flow for the company and provide forecasts of future spends/receipts
- Report to senior management any unusual transactions on a timely basis.
- Attending budget meetings
- Performance of other financial and administrative ad hoc tasks as required
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience in AP management (and ideally AR)
- Outstanding leader of people.
- Ability to be able to building positive working relationships
- Initiative and desire to drive continuous improvement and best practice
- Planning and organising - establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed on time.
- Professional knowledge and skills - achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill and knowledge; keeping abreast of current developments and trends.
- Experience of ERP systems
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly driven individual who is looking for a rewarding career that will offer challenge and progression in a pace paced and innovative environment.