Description About this role
The ETF and Index Investing (EII) EMEA Product Team is seeking a hardworking Product Specialist for the Sustainable Product Segment. The group is responsible for product management, new product innovation and commercialization of the iShares UCITS ETF range. Within the Product function, Product Segments are the primary commercial axis for execution of client and commercial strategy in the region, aligning it with global client, product and marketing functions for scale. The Team is responsible for building and redefining the way investors understand, analyze and implement Sustainable/ESG ETFs within their portfolios. Role Description
A key member of the EII EMEA Product Specialist team, with responsibility for growing the adoption of Sustainable ETFs in EMEA, helping drive education, providing product expertise, competitive positioning and supporting analysis to propel iShares product selection and continue to position us as the clear market leader and a strong partner to our clients. This role will partner across Sales, Marketing, BlackRock Sustainable Investing (BSI), the firm's sustainable investment strategies platform and the overall EII business.
The successful candidate will ideally have demonstrated experience within the Sustainable Investing space, a broad sustainable product knowledge with validated experience in ESG research and be able to serve as a technical specialist on the ESG ETFs product suite. Comes with experience of factor investing and able to conduct and expand the conversation with Sales and clients of factor attribution within sustainable products. The ability to partner with teams across functions and aptitude to navigate the product set will be integral component to successfully engage with clients.
The candidate profile will require a combination of quantitative skills, ESG research expertise, writing skills critical thinking, interpersonal agility and practical investment experience to ensure the effective partnership with clients and collaboration with generalist sales teams to win new business and/or deepen large existing relationships to grow the adoption Sustainable ETFs in the EMEA region. Primary Responsibilities: Content
- Creation of regular sustainable content and maintenance of it (client material, product brochures, monthly emails)
- Respond to client ESG queries, requiring broad sustainable knowledge, co-ordination across specialist teams and potential to demonstrate BlackRock sustainable tools
- Build and coordinate investment insights around sustainable investing (performance attributions etc)
- Create and supervise new content for product launches (client decks, product briefs, competitor positioning, Portfolio Implementation) in combination with Product Marketing
- Distribution of thought leadership produced by BSI within EII
- Along with EMEA Investment Strategy (IS)/Marketing/US teams, drive the creation and delivery of product specific strategies and content to drive iShares sales
- Collaborate with marketing and digital teams to distribute content and promote the sustainable index business
- Support senior members of the team and directly contact clients providing detailed Sustainable ETF product analysis, such as risk and return attribution, single or multiple ETFs/mutual fund comparative returns analysis, holdings analysis, ESG, factor, carbon and business involvement characteristics.
- Execute strategy to distribute Sustainable ETFs to sub segments within EII EMEA client segments (PFs, Insurance companies, PBs, Retail Banks, IFAs, IAMs/PCIMS, Digital)
- Coordinate internal training for global sales teams (EMEA, APAC, LATAM)
- Follow-up to client engagements and requests, supervising execution and tracking pipeline of opportunities
- Syndication of new launches, coordinating seed arrangements and pipeline
- Partner with sales management to steward the Sustainable ETF sales pipeline as well as with Product Research and Innovation management for the future Sustainable and Factor + ESG ETF product development pipeline.
- Engage with BlackRock Investment Stewardship (BIS) and understand the vital role stewardship and engagement holds in investor's Sustainable Investing philosophy and be able to convey to clients
- Continually expand and deepen ESG related investment, portfolio construction and iShares product knowledge base. Keep abreast of current market environment and the latest relevant ESG research
- Serve as a speaker/participant at BlackRock sponsored and industry conferences as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Coordinate launches of new products ensuring key requirements are incorporated in the launch process (listing, share classes etc)
- Act as centralised feedback provider for new product development initiatives
- Work with Research and Innovation team to assess index providers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience required; and/or CFA a plus
- 3+ years proven experience, specifically extensive investment management knowledge and experience
- Strong written, analytical, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High level of self-motivation as well as leadership skills
- Attention to detail a must with strong analytical skills: shown experience with Excel VBA, Python, Morningstar Direct, Factset, Bloomberg or similar systems required
- Experience collaborating with EMEA based clients
- ETF product familiarity and proven experience
- Strong social skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and collaborate vertically/horizontally in a fast-paced environment
- Strong research skills: ideally confirmed experience in working with MSCI ESG Research, Sustainalytics or other similar ESG research tools
- Ability to travel regionally
- One European language (French or Spanish) would be preferred.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.