At Utilita we believe in enabling people to be the best that they can be. Our determination to succeed is achieved by us working together with a common goal: to service our customers in the best possible way and challenge the status quo.So how do we do that?
In order to ensure we can do all of that, we provide:
- By using innovative technology. Our award-winning App, My Utilita, is one of the top three of its kind on Google Play, and our continued focus on using new technology is why Utilita is ranked third in the Southern Tech 100. Our regulator, OFGEM, has praised us for the technology we use to interact with our vulnerable customers.
- We have a product to be proud of. Utilita were the first to install a SMART meter back in 2008. We currently have around 800,000 customers and we are going from strength to strength, diversifying our portfolio into other pay as you go offerings.
- Making a difference for our customers. Every month Utilita gives customers the chance to win free energy and cash prizes through our customer Jackpot.
- Making a difference to the community. As others move away from the high street, Utilita have opened a number of Retail Hubs across the country. Helping to integrate into the community by offering free use of community rooms and a local service.
What part can you play in making a difference?
- A continuous development culture, through our leadership programmes, apprenticeships and learning platforms.
- Employee engagement we appreciate our staff and want to know what they think. We were recently awarded "one to watch" by the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for, a vote of confidence from our staff that we are doing lots of things right.
- We have a peer recognition scheme - the Great 8 - because we understand how good it feels to be valued and appreciated.
Joining the Management Accountant team, you will be responsible for the preparation of monthly management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and analysis.
You will partner with senior stakeholders to deliver accurate and timely forecasts of financial performance, taking into account potential operational risks and opportunities.What do we need from you?
As a qualified (ACCA/CIMA) Management Accountant with proven experience, you will have the ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships across the business. You will use your presentation skills to influence financial decision making. Strong Excel skills are essential.What can we give back in return?
- A great work life balance. We have moved to the new normal where we offer the option to work from home. With occasional visits to the office.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to win tickets to major outdoor events with Utilita Extra - when they are back up and running! Including, gigs and shows at the Utilita Newcastle and Birmingham arenas.
- Discounted employee energy tariffs.
- We are a patron of the Princes Trust and offer all of our staff a paid volunteering day every year plus various fun fund raisers.
- A health care scheme that includes dental, eyecare, treatments and diagnostics health consultations.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme with access to counselling support, legal and financial advice 24/7 365 days a year, as well as a GP line and Your Care.
- Access to hundreds of discounts including gym memberships, shops, restaurants, travel, and accommodation.