Müller UK & Ireland is wholly owned by the Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller which employs over 24,000 people throughout Europe. In the UK, Müller develops, manufactures and markets a wide range of branded and private label dairy products made with milk from more than 1,700 British farmers. The Müller brand is ranked at No.7 in The Grocer's Top 100 list of Britain's Biggest Brands, and is also the 7th most chosen brand in the UK.
We are currently looking to recruit for Shift Leader to join our Bridgwater Dairy within our Muller Milk & Ingredients business. The successful candidate will enable the department to deliver targets and continuously improve performance by coaching and developing the people in their teams.Key Responsibilities:
- Creating a culture where our people are enabled and empowered every day
- Creating and delivering development plans through LMS for own team aligned to OGSM
- Creating succession pathways both up through and across organisation
- Proactive and reactive problem solving and facilitation, coaching the team to do the same.
- Role modelling "Go, Look, See" by being present in the department every day
- Uses PDCA techniques to follow problems through to "100-year fix" in real time
- Enabling team to seek out improvement opportunities within the workplace and converts to own OE projects aligned to site business plan
- Encourages others to seeks out improvement opportunities and to own OE projects
- Owns and delivers OE initiatives
- Supports team to demonstrate OE contribution through PDP/Job Chat process
- Review, set and improve both operational and individual KPI's in accordance with site and functional targets
- Looks and encourages others to find "waste" opportunities in everything that we do
Demonstrable skills, experience and knowledge within the following:
- Health and safety commitment demonstrated through "Go, Look, See". Puts in place corrective actions
- People management including delivery of performance review in line with review and creation of KPI's, development and coaching of team, managing employee relations issues with HR support.
- Create purpose and direction around OGSM deliverables
- Ensures own activities are aligned to overall business objectives and knows how current performance impacts the bottom line
- Collaboratively works with other teams to improve site efficiency and our business
- Sharing of best practice and implementation of standardisation across everything we do.
- Strive for Operational Excellence, coaching team on use of the principles and tools
- Leading - Building relationships, growing capability and leading teams and processes
- Entrepreneurial Agility - Operating with discipline, showing commerciality as well as embracing and enabling change
- Strategic Thinking - Facilitating sharing of best practice, thinking and acting decisively and encouraging empowerment and creative thinking
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role, please apply at https://careers.muellergroup.com/Mueller_UK/?locale=en_GB