Multi Asset Fund Manager Research
£55,000 - £70,000 (Dependant on experience and ability) + Bonus + Benefits
London CityTHE COMPANY
They are one of the fastest growing wealth management companies in the UK whose clients feel valued and respected. The company has a collegiate culture as evidenced by its strong employee ownership and emphasis on mental well being. They are now making an important addition to their fund research team and is an excellent opportunity to become involved in the growth of the business. (Please note the company has a flexi work scheme whereby you are expected to work 37.5 hours per week but can do this in 3-4 days if you wish. You would, once they go back to the office full time, have the option to work a couple of days in the office and the rest from home.)SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Must have three to seven years' experience conducting manager research or experienced with manager research meetings / DDQs
- Must have multi asset and fund research experience
- CFA minimum Level 2 as well as strong academics
- Strong team player who challenges the norm
- A broad experience across different asset classes including Impact and sustainable investing
- Working to tight deadlines with good initiative and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Experience with the following: Morningstar, Excel (Advanced), Bloomberg, Microsoft Office
You will work alongside members of the investment team, including Portfolio Managers, to conduct third party fund research with a
multi asset focus.
- As a key team member, you will act with a high degree of autonomy to timelines; conducting independent research to find potential new trade and fund ideas for recommendation ultimately to clients.
- You will work closely with investment managers, with the Chief Strategist in developing investment strategy.
- You also be expected to collaborate with, guide and mentor other analysts on the team.
- Undertaking independent quantitative and qualitative research, including meeting fund managers meetings especially fixed income funds;
- Provide analysis and due diligence reports to Portfolio Managers, presenting the conclusions to the Investment Committee.
- Continuous review of funds' performance and updating recommendations, including conducting update meetings with fund managers.
- Engaging with Portfolio Managers on a proactive basis to discuss potential new ideas and portfolio changes needed.