About the facility
HCA Healthcare UK - The World's largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.Job Description
As the night clinical Duty Manager, you will provide senior nursing support and advice, ensuring the smooth running of the site
You will work closely with all clinical and managerial staff to assist in resolving clinical concerns and respond to emergency situations and provide clinical leadership and support to clinical colleagues, ensuring high standards of patient care are maintained across the whole site 24 hours a day.
This position will predominately cover the night shifts with the occasional day shift to cover annual leave.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and experience
- Provide a single point of senior team contact for the management & escalation of all unexpected and untoward events that may occur 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- Provide clinical leadership and effective clinical advice to nurses, particularly in the absence of senior ward staff
- Work collaboratively with the Reservations Department, ensuring effective and efficient allocation of beds for patients who are due to be admitted
- Identify periods where beds may become over utilised and advise reservations and senior management accordingly
- Facilitate unplanned admissions ensuring all appropriate processes are followed.
- Identify periods where patient numbers maybe be low, causing areas to be unproductive and take appropriate actions such as the redeployment of staff
- Update software systems used to track staff rosters and productivity
- Visit patients who may wish to provide feedback
- Act as the fire controller in the event of a fire alarm activation
- NMC (RN) qualified
- Additional post registration qualification desirable, including management training however this isn't essential.
- Significant nursing experience, preferably within acute clinical settings
- Experience within a leadership role
- Experience of cause and effect analysis and in undertake complex investigations and critical analysis as a Datix investigator.
- Act as the major incident controller in the event of a fire alarm activation and as a point of contact for all unexpected hospital events.
- IT skills, including Microsoft office experience
- ALS qualification is desirable