Please note this is a part time, term time position, 18 hours per week. Working hours will be discussed at interview.
Adult Community Learning (ACL) is ECC's provider of lifelong learning experiences for Essex residents.
ACL offers childcare facilities for parents to help them move nearer to, enter or progress within the workplace or gain skills to enhance life chances. The Nursery/Pre-school is registered with Ofsted and is also open to community children whose parents/carers are not attending ACL.
The Nursery/Pre-school Assistant will be part of a team and will be expected to provide high standards of quality care within the nursery/pre-school with responsibilities encompassing the environment, resources and experiences offered to children and their families.
* Ensure rich and diverse indoor and outdoor play experiences are offered taking regard of the EYFS and the individual needs of children
* Be a key person carrying out all related responsibilities.
* Observe, support and extend children's learning.
* Maintain accurate and effective children's records.
* Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
* Ensure that children are kept safe and understand safeguarding, and when necessary follow Child Protection Procedures.
* Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion.
* Promote positive attitudes to race, culture, gender, religion and abilities
* Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery/pre-school.
* Be responsible for participating in all self-development activities including appraisals and supervision meetings, team meetings etc.
* Level 2 qualification in childcare
* English and Maths Skills at level 2
* At least two years' experience working within a childcare environment
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with both children and adults
* The ability to work effectively under a variety of circumstances and develop skill within the role.
* The ability to plan and provide activities and play opportunities to develop children's emotional, physical, social and intellectual capabilities
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.