Diesel Service Engineer - GREAT YAMOUTH - FULL TIME AND PERMANENT - £NEG
Hales Group are delighted to be supporting our specialist service client who are seeking additional Diesel Service Engineers to expand their existing team. They are looking for individuals who come with experience from a marine, oil & gas or automotive background.
You will have already gained experience within a Diesel Service Engineer role, and be competent in repair and rebuild, overhaul and troubleshooting. The successful candidate will undertake and support the team within the workshop based in Great Yarmouth, with the future expectation to complete service work offshore.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of all types of manufacturers diesel engines and associated electrical equipment
- Perform engine troubleshooting/repair/maintenance and overhaul work in accordance with manufacturer and industry standards, run diagnostics and work closely with other team members to meet company objectives
- Carry out repairs, maintenance and full engine overhauls at GY site and various UK locations
- Maintain detailed records of serviced engines, and parts inventory
- Ensuring workspace cleanliness, adhering to Health and Safety requirements
In order to apply for this role please do so if you meet the following points;
- Experienced Diesel Service Engineer with an Electrical Bias
- Minimum 4 years Diesel Service Engineer
- Ability to take and record critical engine component dimensional measurements;
- Good IT and diagnostic skills; familiar with electronic diagnostic equipment
- Ability to read technical drawings / schematics applicable to the job
- Maintenance and repair of tools
- Valid Driving Licence
- Full-time permanent role
- £negotiable depending on experience
- Excellent conditions and benefits
If you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria, please call Roberta at our Hales Group branch in Lowestoft on , alternatively send your CV to
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.