We are currently recruiting for Domiciliary Caregivers to provide care and support to service users within their own homes in the Birmingham area.
POSITION: DOMICILIARY CARE WORKER
MUST- Be able to provide personal care to both Male and Female clients.
- Own transport is Desirable but not Essential.
- Experience preferred but not essential as full training can be provided
- All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Salary: £8.00-£10.50 p/h depending on experience
Purpose of Position
- To enable and / or assist individuals to remain in the community, to be supported and maintained safely in their own homes and thereby enhance their quality of life.
- To enable the service user's individuality and independence
- Assisting other care workers and professionals to provide care for the service user
Some of the main Responsibilities
Visiting nominated Service Users, at times directed by the Care Coordinator and management
- Being particularly vigilant for signs of distress or anxiety in Service Users; any deterioration in their physical and /or mental health, or safety of the environment, and to report these as a matter of urgency to the Registered Manager or Coordinator in her absence
- To carry out all tasks in a way that demonstrates respect for the privacy, dignity and value of all users, irrespective of severity or disability or personal circumstances
Personal Care(only where specified on the care plan and subject to appropriate review)
- Assist Service Users in/out of bed, chairs, etc., using agreed procedures. Assist Service Users in turning, to relieve pressure areas
- Assist Service Users in (un)dressing, care of aids and personal equipment (hearing aids, glasses, dentures, prosthesis, etc)
- Assist Service Users in all aspects of personal hygiene, i.e. washing, shaving, showering etc.
- Assist Service Users in feeding
- Actively encourage Service Users, according to their capabilities, to participate in all aspects of daily living activities
- Develop and maintain personal contact with the Service User through talking and listening
- Provide support as part of a caring team, liaising with informal carers, other agencies
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90838457