Our exclusive client is a £30m turnover private business.
The company manufactures and imports a range of products for sale to its blue-chip customer base. It also has a growing B2C on-line presence.
We wish to appoint a Finance Director to join the main board and lead a small finance team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work with MD and Board on strategic objectives and produce plans and financial projections.
- Provide financial and commercial support to the Managing Director and the Board.
- Ensure disciplined financial control is exercised on a day to day basis.
- Ensure that the financial functions are executed efficiently and that all financial processes and systems are set up, maintained, and continually improved.
- Review current MI and Board reports and deliver enhancements where appropriate.
- Maintain relationships with Banks and professional advisors.
- Prepare annual accounts and liaise with external auditors.
The ideal candidate will be intellectually able, confident, and capable of operating with minimal direction. They must be able to balance the commercial and strategic needs of the business with financial prudence.
The ideal candidate should have the following experience and skills:
- A qualified accountant with at least 10 years PQE
- Experience in a trading and manufacturing environment, ideally with an international aspect.
- Previous exposure/awareness of retail and internet sales.
- Highly professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing an IT function.
- Experience of import.
- An interest in the commercial aspects of the business.