This highly successful family owned business is a large employer within the region and continually invests in machinery, R&D and its people. They continue to be a leading manufacturer supplying products to stockists throughout the UK and over the last few years have begun importing to complement their product range whilst also developing into new markets overseas.
They are now seeking to recruit an experienced Management Accountant to report into the Head of Finance and be part of a small finance team responsible for the main trading business (circa £20m t/o) and other entities in the group. The key duties will be as follows:
- Preparing the monthly management accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with the month end close process
- Supporting the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Assisting with statutory accounts preparation at year end
- Preparing information for audit and tax compliance
- Management of nominal ledger and bank
- Cashflow, treasury and currency duties
- Management reporting on sales, costs and margins
- Fixed asset accounting and stock control
- Working on ad hoc projects
The ideal candidate for this role would have an aptitude for cost reduction and efficiency improvement and the ability to analyse raw data and provide commentary is essential. You must be a team player able to improve systems and processes whilst also respecting the traditional values of this long standing business. Applicants would be QBE or part qualified CIMA / ACCA accountants ideally from a manufacturing / engineering background.
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy. If you are interested in Finance jobs and Accountancy vacancies in Lancashire and Greater Manchester please forward your CV to AFR Consulting and we can support your job search!