HEAD CHEESEMONGER (RETAIL) / SHOP MANAGER - FULL TIME - MID OCTOBER START DATE
£24K - £28K DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
The Cheese Bar set out to celebrate and champion all that is great about British Cheese through our restaurants in Camden, Seven Dials and our latest opening in Paddington - The Cheese Barge.
This October, we're opening our first retail shop on London's famous Columbia Road and couldn't be more excited. It will focus on a refined range of the best small producer British cheeses, with regular specials and an emphasis on seasonality, as well as a selection of wine, beers and ciders, with a focus on natural, thoughtfully produced and locally sourced.
We're on the hunt for an experienced cheesemonger/shop manager to join the team and help us head up our first steps into retail. You'll work closely with our Head Cheesemonger, Sam, curating the list of cheeses and working directly with the producers. You'll have the opportunity to take a sense of ownership over the shop, informing the wine selection, product mix and any events etc. we hold in the space in the future.
We're an extremely passionate, creative and determined team, with an eye for detail and a strong focus on the customer experience. If you're passionate about British produce, have a strong understanding of the British cheese industry, and love cheese as much as we do, we want to hear from you.
We're looking for someone who's creative, organised and driven, to help us hit the ground running, oversee an interesting and exciting product range and ensure we continue to provide the experience that our customers know and love us for.
Further training will be provided, including industry recognised qualifications through the Academy of Cheese, as well as a range of benefits. Professional development opportunities are available within the company for those who show initiative.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch. Interviews will be taking place over the next couple of weeks with an October start date (Exact date TBC).
- Day to day management of the shop, as well as leading and motivating the shop team.
- Working with our Head Cheesemonger to curate the cheese selection, wine list and any other products.
- Responsible for ensuring all cheese is well maintained and served in the best possible condition.
- Continuously improve product knowledge and understanding of Company ethos, training shop team and managing their personal development.
- Maintaining the highest food hygiene and H&S standards within the business.
- Supporting the Head Cheesemonger in maintaining positive relationships with suppliers and producers.
- 28 days holiday per year
- Monthly British cheese box
- Producer visits
- 50% off meals on your days off at all restaurants
- Full training & tastings, including Academy of Cheese qualifications
- Regular staff socials
- A strong knowledge of cheese, with ideally experience working as a cheesemonger in a good calibre of shop.
- A awareness love of British Cheese, with an interest to learn and develop a deeper understanding of it.
- A keen interest in wine and other beverages, with the willingness to learn more and taste lots of delicious products!
- Great with customers, able to easily connect with people from all backgrounds and confident to share knowledge.
- A strong understanding of seasonality and British produce.
- Creative, driven and passionate, with the ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, organisation and communication skills.
- Friendly, approachable and humble.
This job was originally posted as www.caterer.com/job/90821836