A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager to join a specialist, market leading services company based in Hertfordshire.
The role is commutable from Stevenage, Hitchin, Hertford and surrounding areas.
As a Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for delivering strategies and objectives across the global supply chain.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all stages of the supply chain are fully implemented and integrated and capable of delivering data and services in line with customer expectations. You will be required to be dynamic, energetic and approach the work with pace.
As an overview of the role, please see below:Supply Chain Manager Responsibilities:
The role of the Supply Chain Manager will involve:
Supply Chain Manager Requirements:
- Plan, implement and deliver the overall supply chain strategy
- Work with the warehousing and inventory team to ensure full operational efficiency at all times
- Provide leadership and management for the on-site supply chain teams- management of a team of 5
- Define organisation structure, succession and development plans for all supply chain personnel.
- Implement and centralise the supply chain function within the business
- Work cross functionally with the wider departments to ensure operational excellence
- Defining and implementing business stream commodity strategies to support the requirements of the business including low cost sourcing, off set, exchange rate mitigation.
- Educate, train and develop wider supply chain understanding across the business
- Manage sources of supply strategically to reduce the total cost of owning materials and services
- Giving a clear view of the flow of relevant and focused products, services and information
- Segment customers based on the service needs of distinct groups and adapt the supply chain
- Determine key supply chain KPI's and achieve cost reduction plans
- Suggest solutions for supply chain process improvements and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Review relevant market signals and align demand planning accordingly to supply chain, ensuring consistent forecasts and optimal resource allocation
- Build and maintain good relationships with all vendors and build partnerships with critical service provider
Why Should You Apply?
- Experience within a servicing, distribution or manufacturing field (Capital Equipment highly desirable)
- Extensive inventory and warehousing experience required
- Experience of implementing new supply chain process and procedures
- Excel & ERP System understanding required
- Salary: Up to £45,000 + Benefits
- Up to 15% Bonus paid out Annually
- 25 days annual holiday + bank holidays
- Working hours 8AM- 5PM Monday to Friday - flexibility offered
- Government Standard Pension
- Medical Plan
If this role is not what you're looking for don't worry. At X4 Engineering we cover all permanent and freelance positions, with specialist industry sector teams. You can check out all of our roles on our website and sign up for job alerts so you're the first to know about a new opportunity.
X4 Engineering is a specialist recruitment business for the engineering sector. We are part of the X4 Group, a multi-award-winning group of brands specialising in Life Sciences, Engineering, Construction and Technology, with over 10 years of experience in successfully placing mid to senior level contract and permanent professionals across the globe.
Our network of world class engineering talent sets us apart from the rest and allows us to deliver skilled professionals to our engineering partners across a number of industry sectors including Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Chemical and Process, Defence, Medical, Food and FMCG.
We're a result driven business and our team of specialist recruitment consultants continue to go above and beyond what's expected to ensure our clients receive the highest ROI from their recruitment spend. We have partnerships with leading engineering companies all over the world and have made placements in over 13 countries across Europe and the US.