A Hardware Engineer with COTS experience required to work on a twelve-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Christchurch.
This is a 12-month contract with a leading UK defence company.Overview of the Hardware Engineer contract role
I am looking for an experienced hardware engineer to work in a team environment across the full engineering lifecycle, including:
Key skills required for the Hardware Engineer
- Hardware Requirements Specification and Management
- Hardware Design
- COTS Selection and Supplier Liaison
- Hardware Assembly
- Integration of sub-systems
- Hardware Verification
- Installation (e.g. into an Air Platform environment
- COTS integration within a secure environment
- Electrical Design and Installation
- Systems integration within Air platform environment
- Electronics/Embedded Computing
- Thermal Dynamics, Analysis and Test
- Configuration management
- Technical documentation
- 3D CAD Design and Analysis
- Power Systems Design for Electronics/COTS items
- Structural and Safety Analysis and understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes
- Design of equipment to meet stringent environmental requirements such as EMC/T, Environmental etc. (awareness of DEF-STANS)
If you are a Hardware Engineer with COTS experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90830077