This is a fantastic opportunuity to join one of the East Midlands strongest audit teams that continues to go from strength to stregnth under the leadership of two exceptional partners. Having won a string of the regions most prestigious businesses as clients, they are continuing to cement their position as the market leading alternative to the Big 4. With Big 4 backgrounds themselves, the partners have a strong business development focus and are committed to developing their people and giving them the opportunities to develop their technical and leadership skills in a way they would not be able to in many other environments.
If you are currently working as an Assistant Manager or Manager in a Big 4 or Top 20 firm and are struggling to see where your development is coming from, this could be the ideal opportunity to join a dynamic team that is riding the crest of a wave.
Joining as Audit Manager, you will be responsible for planning and overseeing the delivery of audits from planning, budget setting through to allocating work and the ongoing management of the team. You will have the opportunity to interact directly with the client and will be encouraged by the partners to develop your own relationships with them. They'll push you to take ownership of technical issues but will be fully accessible should you need support on any issues.
Because of the way the firm develops its people, you will not be expected to want to pursue a partnership but, should you wish it, the firms leadership will assist you in growing towards this or will be fully supportive should you wish to develop in another direction.Profile:
- A graduate, ACA / ACCA qualified, with a high level of experience of managing audits, within a medium to large firm of accounts with a base of large clients
- Strong client facing experience with the ability to plan and budget for audits independently as well manage resources and staffing requirements
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- A demonstrable background with a small, medium or large independent accounting firm or a larger Top 50 / Top Tier firm is also acceptable
- Exposure to consumer products and industrial clients is an advantage