IVQT Inspector / Technology Inspector
Location- Between Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire
An opportunity to work on a smart motorway project running till 2022!
My client is currently looking for an IVQT inspector with a technology / electrical background.
You will be working on the M1 Smart Motorway junction 13-16. £373M Major Scheme. Which is aimed at improving the 37.9km (23.6 miles) section of the M1 between junctions 13 and 16 by upgrading it to an All-Lane Running (ALR) smart motorway.
As IVQT Inspector you will be;
- Responsible for monitoring technology activities on site within specified zone / section. This could include; Electrical signage, wiring of cabinets / wiring of motorway lighting / CCTV / Speed Cameras / Fibre Optics and Data
- Required to sign off work as complete or acceptable
- Experienced at reading technical drawings & specifications and have a thorough understanding of inspection and test plans.
- Working as part of a team of 8 inspectors reporting to Senior Inspector and Quality Manager and be responsible for creating, updating and completing reports and spreadsheets on the activities that you have inspected.
- Using the Microsoft suite; Outlook, Excel, Word and as such need to have computer skills. The client will train you up on the specific software they use (Field view) for all check sheets and reports
- In order to be successful at this position it is imperative that the right person has a wealth of experience in a similar position in order to hit the ground running. (IVQT Inspector / Clerk of Works - Technology bias & Highways )
- The role is very much "out in the field" and they will be inspecting the work completed by the sub-contractors on site and as such requires someone who can work collaboratively, has excellent reasoning skills and strong communication skills.
- The right person will understand good working practices
£350.00-£400.00 per day - Negotiable depending on experience
For more information on this IVQT Inspector role contract please contact or call