Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role of Manufacturing Engineering Manager covers both Engineering Maintenance and the Mould production team with responsibility of a team of 9.
You will provide leadership to the team promoting operational excellence and delivering on targets and improvement projects.
- The planning and allocation of work. This will include both production and site services.
- Supporting and guidance of your team in the identification of maintenance opportunities and set a clear action plan to drive cost effective maintenance and plant efficiency.
- Investigation and driving of improvement projects to maximise operational effectiveness and minimise downtime.
- Motivating, developing and leading your team, creating a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Ensuring all Health & Safety guidelines are met and adhered to, also promoting all company values, policies and procedures in all aspects and areas of work.
- The Engineering Manager will have at least 5 years, proven experience in managing a successful team of multi skilled engineers.
- Will thrive in a small to medium sized business with varied role and close support to other departments.
- Will have gained their experience within a manufacturing environment, ideally with a moulding or plastics background
- Experience in managing multiple projects, implement improvement activities through site.
- Health & safety implementation ideally with a relevant qualification , NEBOSH etc
- Demonstrable experience of departmental budgeting and cost control.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes.
- Experience of running a PPM system
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Embrace, lead and change
- Modern thinking
- Drive new techniques and technologies
Days Role Monday - Friday
£50,000 - £56,000
6% Contributory Pension
This role may suit candidates with the previous titles of; Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Chief Engineer, Head of Engineering, Maintenance Manager, Lead Engineer, Reliability Engineering Manager, Engineering and Project Manager