We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join us as our Mechanical Technician Apprentice - Water Treatment based in Bournemouth. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £11,306 - £16,000 per annum plus an excellent training programme!
Here at Bournemouth Water, part of South West Water since 2016, we supply drinking water to nearly half a million people across Bournemouth and parts of Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire. When you turn on a tap, we don't ever want you to have to think about whether water will come out, or whether it will be drinkable. We aim to provide a service that is so reliable you can take it for granted.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities and each other.
Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include: free car parking at the majority of our sites, company Sharesave Scheme, childcare support and various health benefits.
Our Mechanical Technician Apprentice - Water Treatment will become the mechanical expert on the two-new water treatment works currently being designed. You will fault find, repair and maintain SWW assets across a range of company sites, predominantly water treatment works and pumping stations. You will also help ensure maximum asset availability thereby minimising risk to compliance targets, quality requirements and health & safety.
Responsibilities as our Mechanical Technician Apprentice - Water Treatment will include:
- Completing tailored training programme
- Learning all aspects of two new state-of-the-art water treatment works currently being designed
- Working on fixed plant on Water Treatment sites to fault find, repair and maintain a wide variety of equipment including pumps, gearboxes and specialist treatment process machinery
- Manufacturing and fabricating parts and equipment
- Using Breathing Apparatus and working in confined spaces
- Working with other disciplines in a workshop/mobile team
- Developing new skills both in and outside of your core discipline
- Following the business and departmental rules associated with workflow and management
- Working in a manner that keeps you and those around you safe
- Asset repairing and maintaining as scheduled by your manager
- Helping to make site operators familiar with any new plant or equipment installed
- Undertaking any training required in order to carry out work activities in a safe or legal manner
- Carrying out work activities as scheduled by your manager
- Assisting operational staff with the resolution of complex problems
- Accurate and timely feedback of activities completed
- Using method statements and safe systems of work for the activities you carry out
What we are looking for in our ideal Mechanical Technician Apprentice - Water Treatment:
- 5 GCSEs - English, Maths and a science/technology subject
- Ideally part-time work experience in any industry
- Computer literate
- Communicates clearly at all levels
- A structured and analytical approach to problem solving
- Self managing and self motivated
- Must have a full driving licence or working towards
- Once trained will be on a standby / callout rota
- The work can be physically demanding and entail working outside in adverse conditions, working at heights, working in confined spaces, working near water, working with hazardous chemicals
Please note, any skills you don't currently have, we will work with you to train you!
Closing date: 30th September 2020
If you are looking for a brand new career, please click apply now to be considered as our Mechanical Technician Apprentice - Water Treatment - we look forward to receiving your application