Come and join this exciting growing Day Nursery and Pre-School in Lingfield!
A modern and newly refurbished Nursery, situated in the heart of Lingfield, are looking for a Deputy Manager to assist the Nursery Manager with the running and improvement of the setting and step in when absent.
Details: Full-time, flexible shift patterns, hourly pay rate, 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme, closed 2 weeks for Christmas, friendly and fun team.
Deputy Manager Duties:
* Assisting the Manager in the running of the setting and to manage the nursery in the absence of the manager.
* To safeguard, supervise and support children at all times, while meeting all the children's needs.
* To take on the role of SENCO (training provided if needed).
* To have a thorough understanding of the EYFS.
* To oversee the planning, delivery and monitoring of the nursery's EYFS curriculum in accordance with the children's social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs.
* To be the designated health and safety officer.
* To assume a key person role for designated children, carrying out all the related responsibilities and working in partnership with parents.
* To supervise the children where appropriate and to protect them from dangerous or harmful situations.
* To share any child protection concerns immediately with the Nursery Manager
* To provide a high level of care that will enhance the children's general health and well-being.
Qualifications & Experience
* Minimum NNEB or CACHE/NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent.
* A sound understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
* Paediatric first aid and/or safeguarding and/or basic food hygiene.
* Knowledge of safeguarding policies and procedures.
* Good leadership qualities.
* Good communication skills both written and verbal.
* At least 3 years' experience of working in a Day Nursery setting.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Group does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
YourRecruit Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy