Commercial Finance Analyst
As a Commercial Finance Analyst you will provide commercial, financial and accounting support. The role involves close working with the Senior Leadership Team and Accounting Team and reports to the Head of Commercial Finance. This is a business partnering role looking after the B2B business
Short term temporary contract - until December 2020
Based - Chertsey, Surrey
Day rate - up to £200 per day
Key Deliverables of Commercial Finance Analyst
* Support the B2B Sales Team's annual, quarterly and monthly financial planning processes.
* Ensure booking of sales deduction support via CORES and TCMS systems
* Prepare ad hoc analysis where necessary (e.g. scenario planning, sensitivity analysis).
* Support the wider finance team with analysis as and when required for internal and external reporting.
* Support quarterly sales PBP target setting, review and calculations.
Driving financial performance
* Prepare value added reporting and analysis to support management and identify significant trends/issues, e.g. monitor performance against forecast and pipeline; identify risks and opportunities
* Identify opportunities to maximize financial performance and grow the business.
* Working with Sales and Legal to draft commercial terms letters in line with approved plans.
* Work with the Leadership Team to set quarterly commission targets
Commercial decision support
* Provide financial insight, analysis and appraisal as required to support:
* Day-to-day commercial decision making;
* Evaluation of customer proposals and bids;
* Support the development of business strategy.
* Drive divisional management to achieve the right balance in maximizing opportunities.
Financial management and control
* Ensure strong control and governance in the financial activities undertaken by the Divisions.
* Manage the process of accounting for sales deductions and support the Divisions in managing and accounting for marketing expenditure.
* Ensure that these costs are completely and accurately recorded, correctly classified, that spend is appropriately justified and within budget/authority limits, and that supporting processes are efficient and effective.
Key skills for Commercial Finance Analyst
* Qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA)
* Up to date knowledge of international accounting standards.
* Experience of working in technology or FMCG sectors; B2B experience a plus.
* Hands on experience of using ERP systems (preferably SAP).
* Ability to implement change process to streamline and make existing processes more efficient.
* Strong commercial acumen.
* Ability to work in a high pressure environment, take quick and effective decisions
* Excellent analytical skills to understand business drivers and interpret financial results.
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Strong influencing skills
* Strong reporting skills, display key information and convey messages clearly, concisely and with impact.
* Business partnering with both finance and non-finance stakeholder
PAYE: £200 per day.
Benefits: staff discounts, 25 days holiday (after AWR), staff restaurant and onsite parking
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.