We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join us as our EICA Technician Apprentice - Water Treatment based in Bournemouth. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £11,306 - £18,000 per annum plus an excellent training programme!
Here at Bournemouth Water, part of South West Water since 2016, we supply drinking water to nearly half a million people across Bournemouth and parts of Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire. When you turn on a tap, we don't ever want you to have to think about whether water will come out, or whether it will be drinkable. We aim to provide a service that is so reliable you can take it for granted.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities and each other.
Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include: free car parking at the majority of our sites, company Sharesave Scheme, childcare support and various health benefits.
Our EICA Technician Apprentice - Water Treatment will provide assistance and support to the Resources and Production team during the development of two new strategic water treatment works within the Bournemouth area. The key purpose of the role is to ensure that the projects delivered, meet the operational and maintenance requirements of the Operations Department.
You will work under the direction of the Project Liaison Manager to assist with the development of the new water treatment works. You will become the EICA expert on the new treatment works. You will also train other members of the MEICA and R&P teams on the operation of the water treatment works.
Responsibilities as our EICA Technician Apprentice - Water Treatment will include:
- Assisting the Project Liaison Manager supporting the delivery of the water treatment works
- Learning all EICA and SCADA aspects of the new treatment works and become the technical expert
- Working within EICA team to perform calibrations and fault-finding on a variety of technical equipment
- Completing a tailored training programme
- Training other members of the R&P teams in the operation of the new treatment works
- Once trained to undertake standby duties
What we are looking for in our ideal EICA Technician Apprentice - Water Treatment:
- 5 GCSEs - English, Maths and a science/technology subject
- Good science and technology knowledge
- Good communicator, written and verbal including online meetings
- Can do attitude
- Problem solver
- Driving licence required or working towards
- Site based working, working near water, working at heights, working in confined spaces, working under all weather conditions, working in noisy environments
Please note, any skills you don't currently have, we will work with you to train you!
Closing date: 30th September 2020
If you are looking for a brand new career, please click apply now to be considered as our EICA Technician Apprentice - Water Treatment - we look forward to receiving your application