Halliwell Homes are looking for a Headteacher to our team based in Edenfield. You will join us on a full time, permanent basisand receive a competitive salary of £50,000 per annum (dependant on experience and qualifications). Travel will be required applicants must have access to own vehicle.
Halliwell are a social enterprise that offers a clinically informed practice model and therapeutic programme encompassing educational, clinical and residential care services. Our objective is to enhance the psychological wellbeing of children within the 'looked after children' sector through our Restorative Parenting Recovery Programme.
The Headteacher will report to the Site Director overseeing two of Halliwell Education schools providing learning and teaching to children at Halliwell Schools. The headteacher will know students' targets in all National Curriculum subjects and plan lessons which engage, enable and excite them, setting challenging learning objectives which ensure students make progress which is at least good.
The Headteacher will plan and assess to develop the literacy, numeracy and communication skills of students, regularly and formally tracking and discussing progress against targets with students. Modelling positivity, enthusiasm and commitment and be sensitive and alert to students' changing needs. Ensuring positive classroom conditions for learning (organised resources, stimulating environment, seating plan for learning) as well as knowing their students' interests and abilities and plan to capture their imaginations and make learning relevant to their lives.
Skills and Experience required by our Headteacher:
- To be a qualified teacher
- To have attended all recent relevant courses
- To have recent experience of teaching children in the Primary age range with Special educational Needs
- Evidence of successful understanding of Senior Leadership responsibilities
- Promoting the social, cultural, spiritual and moral development of all students
- Demonstrating clear current knowledge in the National Curriculum at KS1/2/3
- Leading a team in the production of a Self-Evaluation Form and School Development Plan
- Planning, developing and monitoring appropriate learning activities
- Understanding that the role of the school is to provide effective education for all students Supporting pupils throughout significant transitions
- Being aware of the need to maximise the potential of ICT as an aid to learning
- Assessing, recording and reporting on students' learning
Benefits of becoming our Headteacher:
In return we offer across our workforce excellent training opportunities up to post-graduate level, a rewarding working environment, job satisfaction and the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of children in the looked after sector.
If you would like to join us as our Headteacher, please click 'apply' today-we'd love to hear from you!
Halliwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure Barring Services (DBS) Disclosure
We would encourage you to apply early on as we reserve the right to close a job advert early where sufficient applications have been received without prior notice.