Senior Accounting TechnicianLocation: SwindonHours: 37 - happy to talk flexible workingSalary: £27,966 p.a.Closing date: 11/10/2020Job reference: 004807Interview date: 21&22/10/2020Date posted: 24/09/2020
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with experience of supporting Budget Managers to join our Finance team as a Senior Accounting Technician.
The individual will initially provide support to Children's services, with plans for the role to support our Economy service further down the line. You will be part of a team which supports a range of Service and Budget managers in the preparation of budgets, support the budget monitoring process and the annual closedown of accounts. The role also requires you to provide managers with advice and training to enable them to manage their budgets.
Key experience for the role includes:
• Qualified AAT or part qualified accountant, or experience of working successfully in equivalent roles
• Experience of working with budget managers
• The identification of financial issues that will require discussion or challenge and supporting the budget holders to develop solutions or actions to mitigate the issue where possible. Responsible for making a judgement as to when issues need to be escalated to Finance Managers or Heads of Finance.
• Take responsibility for day to day decision making in relation to their role and seek clarification as necessary.
• Correct application of accounting principles.
• The post holder will be expected to establish good working relationships with a range of officers within Swindon Borough Council and with our external partners
In return you will receive:
• Flexible working
• 25 days holiday
• A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
• Leisure and Legal Services discounts
• Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
Candidates must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act - for the effective performance of a customer-facing role).