We have an opportunity available for a Financial Controller to join us based at our HQ in Southampton however we are all currently working from home where possible. This is a full-time permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of Circa £74,000 per annum plus benefits.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. Serving government, business, and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life and we're looking for people to join our journey.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Financial Controller:
- Salary - Circa £74,000
- Performance related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus a suite of excellent additional benefits
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced finance professional to lead the financial control of our business and the integrity of all financial information. As the Finance Controller you will lead the central finance team to ensure that financial accounts, management information and tax records are prepared to meet management and statutory requirements maintaining compliance with the relevant accounting standards and company policy.
In this role you will be required to ensure we have appropriate policy and process documented in a way it is easily accessible and understood by the business. You will take action to assure compliance with all policy and process. Any non-compliance should be identified, and appropriate action taken. You will ensure we have robust controls in place to assure the financial integrity of our operations, such that management can rely on all available financial information.
You will be expected to understand all financial obligations, standards, and legislation applicable to our operations, such that we take appropriate steps to comply. This will include compliance with our shareholder framework agreement and its expectations.
Our ideal Financial Controller will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified accountant with proven technical track record (i.e. CIMA / ACA / ACCA qualified or equivalent qualification and 4 + yrs PQE)
- Proven track record of leading successful teams
- Good knowledge of accounting systems (SAP and D365 desirable)
- Demonstrable experience of the preparation of annual report and accounts
- Excellent knowledge of the commercial environment within which Ordnance Survey operates
- Proven track record in influencing the delivery of improvements
If you're interested in joining a team that lies at the heart of what OS is about, please click 'apply' today to be considered as our Financial Controller.
Closing date:Sunday 11th October