Courier Logistics have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Class 2 Driver to join our team based in Rotherham. Working on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £29,000 per annum.
Working hours: Approx. 50 hours per week,Monday to Friday between 08.00-19.00, with Saturday mornings worked on a rota basis (approx. 1 in 7 and paid in addition at the agreed set rate), breaks to be taken in line with driver regulations.
Established in 1994, Courier Logistics started with two small ageing vans and one big ambition to succeed. With year on year growth, we now employ over 120 staff and have a turnover in excess of £14 million. Our vision for the future is to continue to increase our customer base whilst maintaining a personal service and meeting our "on time, every time" commitment to collection and delivery. Customers are gained and retained through consistently high levels of professional service and value for money.
The Class 2 Driver role:
- To deliver and collect freight in a safe and secure manner in line with the Networks policies and procedures.
- To maintain safe working practices at all times.
- To maintain security of all the networks freight at all times.
- To present at all times a smart and professional attitude to the customer.
- The Class 2 Driver is accountable to The Shift Managers, and Operations Manager.
What will your responsibilities be as Class 2 Driver?
- Curtains must be open ready for loading and ensure a pump truck (in full working order) is on the back of the vehicle before loading commences.
- Collections completed in a secure, full and timely manner, prioritising all timed deliveries including AM.
- Ensure all scanners are collected from morning debrief and are working correctly.
- Ensure all customer and delivery paperwork is collected.
- Scan ALL freight on to the vehicle and ensure they are secure enough to travel.
- You must obtain correct signatures on all the paperwork and scanners.
- If any deliveries are not taken or are unsuccessful, you must write the reason on your run sheet.
- Ensure to complete each section correctly on the debrief sheet.
- All pallets must be labelled correctly on return to the depot.
- Ensure all pallets that are collected are palletised and securely fastened to the pallet before collection.
- Driver speeding/compliance always adhered to.
- Effective and non-incidental sortation of freight within the warehouse.
- Stripping of pallets, wrapping pallets.
- Park and secure trailer after it has been tipped - daily ensuring any loose pallets and wrap are removed once back at the depot.
- PPE MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES, this includes, hi viz, steel toe capped boots and where applicable a hard hat. Physical appearance must be neat and tidy.
- Vehicle security, condition and checks reporting any issues or defects immediately.
- Courier Logistics policies and procedures to be adhered to at all times.
Health and Safety
- Snap Shot Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of work to be undertaken at all times.
- Safe transportation of goods.
- Reporting of breakages and spillages.
- Reporting of Health and Safety hazards, incidents or accidents immediately to you Shift Manager.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Class 2 Driver, then please click "Apply" today!