Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Temporary
Salary: £16,777 per annum
Could you create eye catching displays, engage customers and make a real impact in our temporary pop up shop in Leven?
Are you driven by delivering outstanding customer service, and passionate about the work of Sense Scotland?
Then we have the ideal job opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Shop Manager who will be responsible for team management, achieving targets and leading the successful delivery of a customer focused team in our temporary pop up shop in Leven.
You will have retail supervisory experience and an ability to get the best out of a team, sharing ideas and plans for the future of the store, along with delivering on retail best practice, and delivery a high-quality shopping experience.
In this role you will manage the day to day running of the shop. Your keen eye for detail will help to shape the vision of the store, finding perfect layout and enjoyable shopping experience for our customers.
You will be responsible for achieving store profits and targets, offering a robust induction programme to new recruits to the store, along with ongoing personal development for our staff and volunteers. We have big plans and have set ambitious targets for our retail stores.
This is an exciting role, that will really let you make your mark, and lead the shop to achieve results and become a welcoming environment for our customers.
This role might be for you if
- You have experience in either a retail supervisory level or management level.
- You know what delivering outstanding customer service means and you can support your team to do the same
- You are comfortable in confident in following policies, cash handling duties and health & safety at work
- You are a strong manager who knows who to get the best out of people. You know how to develop and inspire your team to deliver results.
- Targets and goal set motivate you to deliver results and use your initiative to achieve positive results.
- You are happy to work on a rota basis.
Closing date for application is Sunday 4th October 2020.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 14th October 2020.
To Apply for this role
Please upload your CV and supporting statement in the first instance.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- Flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies
- Generous annual leave entitlement - 36 days annual leave, including public holidays (pro-rata for part time hours)
- Pension scheme
- Training and Development
- Death in Service benefit
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Employee Awards Event
- Health and wellbeing support
At Sense Scotland we recognise how hard our staff work, and help us to deliver vital support, that makes a real positive impact. We value the work each staff member does within the organisation, in addition to local recognition of staff's achievements, we encourage nominations for our staff awards.
Each year, nominees and winners are invited to the annual Employee Awards event where staff are recognised for their excellent commitment and achievements.
Values and Commitment
Our vision is for the people we work with to live meaningful and independent lives in a world which supports them to achieve their own ambitions.
We work to and are committed to our Core Values. These values are derived from families and enshrine the organisation's ethos and guide the actions of all staff. Sense Scotland's values in practice mean we will:
- Be open and honest
- Recognise individual worth
- Build relationships through trust
- Act on the basis of individual aspirations and needs
- Be accountable for our actions
Sense Scotland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.