A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a SPST Analysis & Insight Manager based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Strategic Planning Stress Testing (SPST) Analysis & Insight Manager will be responsible for designing and execution of internal stress tests – including development of approach and methodology, calculation, engagement with Global Business, Function and Region stakeholders and Documentation; presenting and communicating stress testing results to senior management; consolidation of stress testing outputs into cohesive documentation and recommendations for management; supporting additional regular stress testing activities (e.g. recovery plan stress testing and reverse stress testing); production of internal stress test results and presentation of results. The role holder will be required to contribute to ad-hoc stress tests and analysis/development requests.
The Strategic Planning Stress Testing (SPST) Analysis & Insight Manager will be accountable for designing and implementation of tools for internal and ad-hoc stress tests performed or coordinated by the central stress testing function (including both development of methodologies and all aspects of engagement with developers and Project Management Officer (PMO); designing and implementation of tools to conduct review and challenge of stress testing results & first pass analysis of complex data sets to ensure integrity and accuracy; detail review of results of stress tests, ensuring that the results accurately reflect the nature of the portfolios, and that any adjustments, assumptions, overlays or overrides have been appropriately made. The role holder will be responsible for Comparison of results against appropriate benchmarks / top down models. Communication and explanation of analysis to colleagues, senior management,the Board and regulators e.g. presentations and at meetings and preparation of presentation material. Defense of assumptions and decisions taken.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- A strong appreciation of systems and data, specifically in a finance and risk environment.
- Excellent analysis skills (including statistical analysis).
- Excellent problem solving ability, with ability to structure problems and identify and implement creative solutions.
- Proficiency in analytical packages (e.g. ‘R’, SAS) highly desirable.
- Educated to minimum of degree level and ideally at post graduate level in a numerate discipline.
- A professional accounting / treasury / risk qualification is highly desirable.
- Attention to detail and desire and ability to see a task through to the end.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of different stakeholders.
- Ability to work with little supervision, proactive, with drive and energy.
- Integrity and ability to challenge effectively when appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels (both written and oral) including presenting to and working with Senior Stakeholders particularly in presenting technical material to a well-informed but non-technical audience.
- Experience of having operated in a Global Business and/or Asset, Liability and Capital Management (ALCM) finance or risk modelling role.
- Demonstrated ability to drive through change initiatives.
- Experience of working in a large banking organisation.
Closing dates for applications: 22nd October 2020