Semi Senior Accountant
* Long established and growing Chartered Certified Accountants,
* AAT, ATT, ACA /ACCA, QBE Accounts Semi Senior.
* Strong Excel skills.
About the Company
Based in Beverley in the heart of the East Riding my client is a leading independent accountancy practice firm boasting a diverse portfolio of clients operating in a wide range of business sectors. With growth across the firm and organic client growth, the partners are looking for an Accounts Semi-Senior to join their team.
About the role
As Semi Senior Accountant You will take responsibility by assisting with the delivery of accounts and other services to a mixed, wide ranging client base of sole traders and corporate clients.
* Managing a portfolio of clients preparing accounts and other services for smaller, sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
* Preparation, review and presentation of client management information as required
* Calculation and filing of client VAT returns.
* Addressing and discussing with clients any technical accounting issues.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients.
* Preparing tax computations (corporate and personal).
* Assisting in the planning and management of the workflow.
* Building and maintaining client relationships.
* Providing the client with efficient and effective client service at all times.
* Assist in the accountancy training of junior team members.
You will be AAT Qualified/ACCA part or qualified accountant with the ability to demonstrate strong experience within a practice environment. This is a superb opportunity to join a business that has grown steadily over the last few years and for the successful candidate the real potential for progression and promotion in the next 2/3 years.
* Technically capable of producing statutory financial statements and management information to a high standard.
* Strong IT skills inclusive of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
* Knowledge of accounting systems such as Sage, Iris, QuickBooks, Xero, CCH Central (not all required but more is beneficial).
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to facilitate extensive client relationship development