Are you passionate about technology? Want to get the best start to your digital career?
Get fast-tracked into an innovative career as a technology consultant working with organisations like TalkTalk, IBM, Santander, Amazon partners and government organisations. You'll build in-demand skills specialising in the advanced, cutting-edge art of DevOps and Software Development.
Developing DevOps-centric applications within the cloud is the next big thing in the development world. The ability to design and code software that can run on a cloud platform whilst automating quality checks vital in the modern development cycle. You'll be at the forefront of this revolutionary advancement that's transforming what businesses can do - so you'll be in-demand.
Although this role is advertised with a specific location you would need to be geographically flexible and willing to relocate anywhere in the UK.
Supercharge your career in technology consulting. Join the QA consulting academy.What's in store
- Training from seriously clever mentors DevOps is in demand - it's been shaping the world of software for the last few years. You'll gain the knowledge with training at our 14-week consulting academy in Manchester's technology hub. You'll also develop your business expertise so you can be a successful consultant.
- Your career in digital consulting After your training, you'll work with one of our customers on their site - anywhere in the country.
- Push yourself and your career further Learning with QA doesn't stop after 14 weeks. We encourage you to continually learn and test yourself technically - so you can fulfil your potential.
- Our training is currently virtual but when we are able to reopen our Academy you will be offered free accommodation or a monthly bursary to help you relocate to Manchester's technology hub - MediaCityUK for any remaining training
- Industry-recognised certifications to boost your employability and promotability
- Salary of £23,500 post-training (if you're based in London this will increase to £26,500)
What's the job like
- Contributory pension scheme
- Regular social events (like technical talks and hackathons)
- Continued support to help you fulfil your potential - you'll keep advancing your technical skills throughout your career with QA
As a technology consultant at QA, you'll empower our customers to develop and boost software solutions in a DevOps culture, so they can be resourceful adopters.
You'll bring your technical expertise to the customer, wherever they are. You'll help them to develop and maintain cutting-edge technology solutions, so they remain
What we need from you
- Build end-to-end software development projects that cover all aspects of the software development lifecycle (including design, build, test and deployment).
- Automate software integration and deployment, typically hosted in cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Have outstanding knowledge of software development, agile practices and automation.
- Work in the space between software developers and IT operations teams, getting new software operational and usable for the end-user. Work in agile teams
- working software to our customers in a two-week cycle.
- Perfect your consulting skills to a high standard and professional level, ready to work with our prestigious customers.
We'd certainly like...
- A genuine passion for technology - you must demonstrate this on your CV. What have you done in your spare time, as well as your qualifications/experience? Have you learnt to code? Have you done any free online training? Have you built a website?
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies
- A go-getter with a can-do attitude
- Excited at the prospect of living and working somewhere new - part of the job is working wherever the customer is.
- You should be eligible to be able to apply for a UK Security Clearance
- Qualifications equivalent to A Level/Level 3/BTEC or above (Bachelor's or Master's Degree)
- Knowledge of one of the following programming languages (whether that's in a job or in education): Python, Java, C# or C++.
- Basic knowledge of Linux.
- Any relevant qualifications in a technical subject.
- We will consider applications from a non-technical background, especially in maths, physics and engineering if you show aptitude, passion and interest for learning technology skills.
Supercharge your digital career. Click the link and apply now.QA values and diversity
We're an equal opportunity employer. We are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It's QA policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90818507