Finance Manager (Projects) - Bristol Department: Financial Control 25 Days Holiday + Excellent Pension Scheme + Share Scheme + Flexible Working
This role is based remotely initially due to the Covid-19 pandemic, however there will be a requirement to work at our Bristol office in future. About Computershare
Computershare is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. Computershare also specialise in mortgage servicing, deposit protection, and tax voucher administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for its expertise in data management, high volume transaction processing, payments and stakeholder engagement, and is represented in all major financial markets employing over 12,000 staff worldwide.
We have three key values that drive everything we do:
- Count on us to deliver every time
- Look beyond today's problems to find tomorrow's solutions
- Unlock your competitive advantageMain Purpose of the Role
Sitting within the EMEA Financial Control team, the role holder will be responsible for managing projects related to financial control.This includes management of the external audit of 45+ statutory entities in the region, alongside the assessing and implementation of new accounting standards.
Day to day responsibilities will include statutory accounts preparation, liaison with auditors, coordination of board reporting and regulatory reporting. Key Responsibilities
What are we looking for?
- Manage the preparation of annual statutory accounts to agreed external reporting deadlines; including account preparation, review and liaison with external auditors on audit deliverables and queries
- Subject matter expert on financial statement preparation using accounting software and quality control to ensure accurate preparation of draft accounts in line with applicable standards
- Contribute to a range of projects as a financial control and technical accounting subject matter expert
- Drive process improvement initiatives within scope of work
- Understand and own financial risks, associated controls and control effectiveness within scope of work using the ACE risk management system
- Lead, motivate, coach and develop the team in delivery of the team's objectives and career development plans
- Collaboration with other members of the Financial Control team on:
- Month end close process; including delivery of manual accounting processes, balance sheet reconciliations and intercompany confirmations to agreed month end timetable and group playbook requirements
- Preparation of monthly P&L and Balance Sheet commentary at legal entity level, including board reporting;
- Integrity of balance sheets; ensuring any queried or judgemental items are managed on an ongoing, timely basis
- Cash flow forecasts and preparation of documentation for bi-annual dividend flows or loan requirements/payments
- Preparation and review of financial regulatory returns to agreed reporting deadlines
- -reparation of monthly financial Board reports
We are looking for a technical accounting expert with experience of project management methodologies.In addition to strong analytical skills and technical expertise, the successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills including the ability to interact at different levels of management as well as external auditors. Required Skills, Experiences and Competencies:
A Truly Diverse Place to work
- Qualified accountant with post qualification experience
- Track record of delivery at this level
- Strong technical accounting knowledge - accounting standards and applicable regulations
- Experience of managing external audits and statutory accounts preparation/review
- Experience of managing a small team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced at prioritizing workload of self and others
- Experience of project management methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of accounts preparation software
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers' needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.Keeping Our Employees Safe
We're currently performing all interviews, assessments and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Most of our employees are working remotely. For people who need to be in the office we're following government guidelines on safe working. This includes regular cleaning, maintaining safe distances and limiting the number of people in the office at any one time.
Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.
The welfare of our employees is of paramount importance to us, and we will continue to do everything we can to keep our people safe during this difficult time.Working for Computershare
We pride ourselves on offering continuous training & development along with career progression opportunities for all employees. Appropriate training will be provided as the role demands ensuring the individual is set-up for success. All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks.