For over 35 years, Mick George Ltd has been the driving force behind a vision for growth, expansion and diversification.
Today we are a major supplier to the UK construction industry, providing a broad range of services from Skip Hire and Waste Management, Aggregates & Concrete Supply right through to Earthworks, Asbestos Management and Demolition. Our Facilities Management division offers a wide range of services to commercial and residential clients for reactive and planned maintenance, right through to refurbishment and building installation.
We know our people are our greatest asset, and that is why we invest in making sure we have the best people throughout the business. We encourage and support every employee in achieving their career aspirations; propelling the business forward and enabling us to achieve the high standards our customers expect throughout their Mick George journey.ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We have a new opportunity for a Payroll Clerk to work within our Head Office in Huntingdon. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the successful candidate with be responsible for supporting payroll-related tasks for the Mick George Group. Duties include;
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Collating timesheets for hourly paid staff.
- Analyse timesheet data and report any anomalies to the relevant Manager.
- Transfer the data from timesheets to payroll spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel.
- Access additional personnel information such as holiday and absence spreadsheets, HMRC information and adhoc payment information to ensure correct payments are made.
- Ensure the accurate input of information into Sage, COINS & HRIS, including timesheet data and amended employee information.
- Communicate with employees regarding queries around wages, deductions and time records.
- Manage the process for changing employee information such as changes to pay, job titles, benefits etc.
- Adhere to payroll procedures and comply with relevant legislation.
- Assist with the annual remuneration reviews
- Preparation of financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes and periodic payroll reports for review by management
- Upload monthly pension data into pension provider portal.
- Distribution of payslips via email.
- Processing of starters and leavers including the production of P45's
- Demonstratable successful experience of working in a similar role.
- Driven self-starter, comfortable with working alone and as a pro-active team member.
- Knowledge of relevant payroll laws and best practice.
- Experience of using payroll software, inputting and compiling data.
- IT Literate - Use of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Effective communicator, influencer & relationship builder.
- Honest & reliable, with confidentiality at the forefront.
- Ability to prioritise work and manage own diary - amidst challenging demands on time.
- High numerical aptitude with excellent attention to detail.