Accountancy Recruit are partnering with a Warrington based client to engage a Financial Controls Manager on a 6 month fixed term contract. The role will be working from home predominantly. The Financial Controls Manager will work closely with the Group Finance Director to develop a financial control environment that is best in class. This role will suit a finance professional prepared to work at a detailed level and also drive improvement projects across the financial control framework.
The Financial Controls Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Review current financial controls, identify deficiencies and implement improvements.
- Complete retrospective balance sheet reconciliations.
- Identify historical issues and ensure that transactions have been posted and accounted for correctly. Resolve issues identified by working with the wider finance team.
- Substantiate the general ledger through detailed analysis of line items.
- Implement best practice and financial control processes to ensure compliance.
In order to be successful in this role the Financial Controls Manager will have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Strong technical accounting experience.
- Previous experience in financial control and knowing what a good control environment looks like.
- Previous experience of working at a detailed level to completed balance sheet reconciliations, cleansing and remediation work.
- Ability to work in the detail but also drive a project forward to see it through to completion.
- Track record of dealing with complex issues and demonstrating tenacity in challenging environments.