HEP Account Manager
Salary: £31,366 - £35,237 per annum (Internal candidates are subject to the Reward Principles)
G4 - FTC to 31st March 2021
We'll accept applications up to 28th September 2020 and interviews will be scheduled for shortly afterWhats the job?
To manage the service interactions between SLC and external higher education providers (HEP) to ensure they deliver against SLC Service Standards. Act as their consultant and advisor on the annual changes required to deliver updated Student Finance Policy and SLC operational and system requirements. Please note that this role requires extensive travel throughout the UK (when safe to do so).Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Develop strong relationships of trust and cooperation with External Service Delivery Partners ie. Education Providers (EP) and other Partners, including Universities, Colleges, Schools, IAG Organisations, Education Sector Representative bodies and Government Departments.
- Forward Plan an annual multi-channel engagement programme with Service Delivery Partners to maximise performance in the delivery of partner organisations' services and promote the use of good practice.
- Meet face-to-face to influence Service delivery partners to achieve measurable changes in performance in their processes, systems and priorities resulting in improvement in service delivery against SLC Service Standards.
- Utilise appropriate data and Education Provider insight to make informed recommendations that often result in a changed decision around funding allocation and / or designation. Relay outcome of decisions to Education Providers that can be contentious.
- Ensure Service Delivery Partners are aware of, and plan for, new Academic Year changes in student support regulations, new products, SLC operating procedures and IT changes in SLC delivery systems.
- Analyse data to identify Partner under-performance and conduct full annual account reviews of each Education Provider developing agreed Action Plans to improve performance.
- Provide "best-practice" advice to partners and educate and provide training in technical systems and delivery processes.
- Reporting on Education Provider performance and risks and issues impacting performance both within the Directorate, and across SLC directorates via monthly reports and action plans focusing particularly on managing high risk providers
- Monitor and raise issues that could lead to Education Provider failure, identifying risks and escalating to Head of Service. Ensure Providers that leave the market have undertaken all transfer actions on SLC accounts.
- Support Education Providers through merger and termination processes to ensure required administration is complete and a full and financial position is achieved, including the recovery of over-payments.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve complex 'assess to pay' issues impacting Providers and students' finances across multiple SLC systems (LA Portal/SIS/CMS/CLASS)
- Liaise with other service delivery teams within SLC to resolve provider-level issues and implement continuous improvement changes to procedures and practices.
- Represent SLC at Senior Management levels within Education Providers acting as an advocate for SLC's services, so that providers are fully aware of SLC strategies, constraints and issues. Manage responses to formal complaints.
- Deliver technical presentations on SLC's systems, services and products at Conferences, Forums and Training Events managing questions and cross examination, including with senior audiences. Managing SLCs Corporate reputation with these audiences.
- Advocate and articulate partners priorities and requirements for service enhancement programmes, providing technical requirements to SLC Service Managers, and service development teams.
- Manage Education Provider targets to minimise over-payment of loans to students and fees to avoid fee payment claw backs from Providers
- Secure new and renewal contracts to the Bursaries Service and undertake annual service reviews of rule changes to maximise on-going participation.
- Maintain a team knowledge bank with critical, up to date student finance policies and processes.
- Deputise for Account Services Manager as required and attend external shareholder meetings with Devolved administrations
- Preparation of Executive and SMT Reports on Education Providers performance and attend the Programme of Executive meetings with Providers.
- Graduate level education required
- Highly skilled at supplier management disciplines
- High degrees of knowledge and awareness of the HE or FE sector.
- Knowledge of SLC's products, processes and services
- Experience at providing external-facing relationship management, and in managing business-to-business interactions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to build and maintain relationships and influence internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills with experience of managing expectations of senior audiences and presenting to large audiences
- Ability to analyse and present information and data clearly and concisely
- Uses initiative to resolve issues and is confident in ability to make decisions
- Demonstrable success in defining high level business needs within a high volume, front line public service delivery environment.
- Experience of troubleshooting solutions that involve data and IT systems and processes
- Can evidence the ability to build relationships by communicating and influencing effectively at all levels with technical and business teams and external partners
- Strong forward planning and organising skills
- Experience in training external partners and design of training materials
- Fully conversant with MS Office applications suite and Power BI
- Track record of good time-management, with ability to deliver to deadlines
- Focus on continuous improvement and developing working practices, for self and others
- Self-motivated and highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Flexibility on working hours and ability to travel extensively and regularly within UK often overnight
Sound good? If so, please apply and a member of our dedicated Recruitment Team will be in touch!