· Provide a proactive, high quality and confidential support service requiring a high level of independent working.
· Secretary team meetings and senior leadership meetings, taking minutes and noting actions; follow up with colleagues where required
· Summarise papers and extract key points and producing summary reports about papers or meeting outcomes, for wider circulation.
· Draft correspondence and prepare and produce papers, including spreadsheets and reports, across a wide range of policy and operational issues to a high standard for meetings and presentations.
· Provide administrative support for the wider TLSE Team when required, including drafting and collation of documents and papers.
· Provide additional administrative support to the Communication and Marketing teams where required
· Manage diaries proactively and efficiently
· Where appropriate, draft responses, source relevant data, liaison and co-ordination of responses with senior members of staff and management of confidential information and documentation.
· Diarise preparation of materials against relevant deadlines, drafting responses, and using project planning skills to ensure timely and high quality responses.
· Supporting and guiding the TLSE Administrative Assistant (Grade 3)
· Secretary to the TLSE Managers meeting and Team meeting, and other groups and committees as required, taking ownership of drafting and disseminating agendas and meeting papers and appropriate follow up.
Finance and Travel:
· Plan and arrange travel, accommodation and visit itineraries as required, both within the UK and internationally for the Vice Dean and the Head of TLSE
· Supporting the Communication and Marketing team in the procurement of goods
· Undertake other such duties as directed by the Head of Teaching, Learning and Student Experience commensurate with the grade.
· To observe and comply with all University policies and regulations, including the key policies and procedures on Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, Data Protection, Equal Opportunities, Financial Regulations, Health and Safety, Information Technology, Private Engagements and Register of Interests.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Relevant experience as an Executive Assistant (or similar) within a large and complex organisation, in particular evidencing:
- Preparation summary papers and drafting documentation
- Briefing senior management
- Providing high-quality administration, support and guidance at senior management level;
· Proven ability to assimilate information and develop a depth of understanding of the subject quickly.
· Demonstrable understanding of the teaching, learning and student experience context.
· Must be resilient with well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, self-awareness and strong persuasion and influencing skills, including the ability to handle difficult situations in a calm manner.
· Excellent organisation skills with a proven ability to manage a demanding and dynamic workload in a proactive, professional and politically astute manner.
· A high degree of self-motivation, flexibility and ability to work on own initiative and find solutions to problems frequently.
· Excellent IT skills, including up-to-date knowledge of PC applications and advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· Well-developed writing and numeracy skills along with an understanding of budgeting.
· Understanding the expectations of confidentiality and appropriate sensitivity when dealing with internal and external colleagues.
· Proven ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
· Experience of committee servicing.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Knowledge of organisation, governance and administrative functions within Higher Education.
· Experience of delivering projects.
· Experience of working with the General Data Protection Regulation
· To have knowledge and understanding of the principles of human resources processes and associated legislation.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser