Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a Senior Building Services Design Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is an estimated 24 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
You must hold current SC Clearance to apply for this position as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
Provide designs for the Facility Design Authority (FDA) such that utilities, infrastructure, engineering processes, equipment and facilities are compliant with legislation, standards and requirements associated with engineering design throughout the facility lifecycle.
- Maintain & promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security & quality and be a great team player.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislative documentation / standards associated with design engineering.
- Application of knowledge to confirm designs are prepared which comply with relevant legislation, standards and requirements.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Ensure compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements.
- Ensure the design intent is maintained throughout the lifecycle.
- Ensure application of standards is proportionate and that engineering best practice is adopted.
- Elevate areas of concern to the relevant Principal Engineer.
- Liaise with other discipline areas to ensure overall design intent is maintained.
- Review and check Design Engineers work.
- Monitor and assess competence of Design Engineers in relevant discipline area.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
An all-rounder with building services design experience (not necessarily gained in the Nuclear industry) and experience with local extract systems, HVAC, some Electrical Power.
The individual will hold some formal qualifications, ideally a degree, or a lower qualification with sufficient experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90815097