We are currently working with one of UK's largest multi-disciplinary consultancies who deliver Rail, Highways and Utilities projects on a local, national and international scale. They are currently looking to add a Chartered Civil Engineer who has experience of performing CRE design duties to their rail business who will be based from Leeds where you'll be responsible for the provision of technical leadership across several large NR schemes.
You will provide technical leadership into assigned projects and be expected to guide/mentor the design team to achieve its deliverables. You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines in Common Data Environment
some of your roles and responsibilities include:
- Leading and assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to projects
- Engaging with and developing good working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including Network Rail / local authorities / Tier 1 contractor's clients and other disciplines
- Check and approval of technical work by the design team
- Mange delivery teams
- Act as Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) - Design
- Help to develop the production of drawings, reports, and specifications
- Scope and supervise surveys
- Input to and preparation of bids and proposals
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team.
- You will ideally need to have experience of working in the UK Rail Industry and a good understanding of the Network Rail Grip process / standards and approval processes.
What we are looking for:
- Engineering degree in a relevant discipline.
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers or equivalent
- Experience in delivering and managing all stages of multi-disciplinary engineering projects from initial studies through to detailed design.
- Typically, a minimum of 5 years' experience working in the rail sector.
- PTS qualification desirable
- Lineside civils works
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.