Opportunity for a HVAC Construction Engineer to work at nuclear site in Bridgwater, Somerset. The ambition of this project is to build two major nuclear plants. The successful candidate will be a part of a Project Management Team, you will be a staunch advocate of safety culture and help to embed this approach in all processes and activities undertaken on the project.
You will become part of an integrated construction management team focused on the oversight and coordination of construction arrangements to ensure activities on the site run safely and smoothly. The primary objective will be to identify and eliminate any issues prior to the work commencing on the site and will involve coordinating with the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Multi-Discipline teams.Responsibilities
The principal accountability for the HVAC Construction Engineer is to support the pre-construction planning and coordination for the HVAC systems and equipment and to coordinate with the other installations.
Safety is the overriding priority for any activity performed during Pre-Construction activities which includes nuclear safety as well as Industrial Safety. Planning the work must also recognize the importance of a strong Nuclear Safety and Quality culture and the importance of a right first-time attitude.
Other key responsibilities will include:
Skills & Experience
- Advocate the safe and effective planning of work
- Ensuring that detailed plans are developed to integrate, co-ordinate and sequence work activities to achieve the optimum construction sequence.
- Looking ahead to identify risks and developing mitigating options in sufficient time so as not to impact the construction site performance.
- Developing plans which clearly identify site need dates for critical equipment and materials and implementing monitoring processes to give early warning of any threat or risk to meeting the need dates and developing mitigating actions in time to avoid any impacts to site activities.
- Understanding the extent of engineering required to be delivered for a given scope of work, coordinating with the various entities delivering that engineering, and evaluating impacts on construction readiness when elements are missing or late.
- Participating in the project gateway review process to ensure that packages that pass through are complete and will allow construction to complete the work scope efficiently.
Suitable applicants should have a broad knowledge of HVAC Engineering Design, Procurement and Construction activities and the integration of these activities. In addition, a good understanding of project planning processes and the ability to identify and resolve complex interfaces.
Experience in the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders is essential. Strong management and communication skills and commercial awareness are also essential characteristics. Previous Nuclear experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business
- Understanding and awareness of working in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to produce informative, concise reports
- Awareness of project change control and, risk management processes
- Good working knowledge in the delivery of large complex construction projects
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent in Construction Management or related subject or a demonstrable level of experience based on years of experience and project assignments
- Strong communication skills in English required, knowledge of French can be an advantage